GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000, 2500 Ex-Cab Long bed 4WD 6.0L. I want atleast a 6" lift, but i would like 9", then im thinking probably some 38s? i dunno. i just got this truck 2 days ago and dont really know much about trucks but i do know i want it to be bigger.

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
You can either do a big suspension kit for big money, or a 6 inch suspension kit, and a 3 inch bodylift and it will probably cover those 38's okay

·
Bigger than you!
196 Posts
Go with a 6" pro-comp,3" PA bodylift and ford keys and you will be able to fit 38/15.50's.I have the same truck as you and i have 37/12.50's right know and they are kinda small.

I recently test fitted some 38/15.50 super swamper ssr's and they cleared easily,so that is what i will be getting nest.

BTW: to fit these i also have a 5.5" superlift block in the rear and add-a-leafs. :D :D

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
I have 2001 2500HD 6.0l with a 6" RCD lift 3" BL and new keys to crank it up to 11" of lift. In the back i took out the block and put in 8" deaver leaf springs. Im running 38' PJ's and had to do some minor trimming.

·
heavy on the skinny pedal
1,732 Posts
I know a guy with a 10" fullthrottle lift that might be interested in selling it if you interested let me now and i can talk to him about it.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
If yoru going to do it, you will be much happier if you get like a 9.5" full throttle than a suspension+body. Its not that much more (few hundred bucks) and will work out alot better for you.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
with the amount you are planning to spend, the jump to full throttle is going to be a SMALL one. do it no questions.

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
Full throttle is a brand of lifted suspension. He was saying its better to go with a 9.5" suspension lift (Full throttle lift) than to get a 6" lift with a 3" body lift. Basucally hes ragging on my setup :flame:

j/k i know u think shes sexy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts