GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
GMFS Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats a rough price on c-notching my frame?

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
A friend of mine had his entire 4/6 installed for $300. Springs, spindles, flip, notch and shocks.

·
layin big rubber
1,457 Posts
i had a place in new mexico wanted like 400bucks to weld in a 8pc notch on my obs truck

it takes a long time to do 8pc notches, if i were to do it over again with my nbs truck, i would do a 1pc notch, well less time to weld

bolt-in notch still takes a good amount of time if u don't have a plasma cutter,
on my nbs i did it with a grinder and saw zaw and it took me a couple of hours by myself

·
Full-time FSC'er
186 Posts
I was quoted $700 to weld in my 1 piece 10" Outlaw Motorsports notch. And that was with me removing the bed and no crossbars to connect the notches. AND with me bringing the notches to them.

I told them to kiss my white ass. I bought a welder for right under $650, practiced for a few months and did it myself. Plus I shaved my doors, gas door, etc. They wanted $300 for the doors just to weld fillers up.

Same place wanted $100 per inch to drop my truck, or $400 just to put my DJM bolt in notch in. So again, I did that shit myself and learned alot about it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
my girls uncle did my 8 piece one sunday and all it costed me was a case of beer

·
GMFS Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my girls uncle did my 8 piece one sunday and all it costed me was a case of beer
Ha yea thats sounds like a damn good price to me! Im gonna be puttin mine in hopefully sometime in august. Basically whenever the shop gets slow we will have time to put it in.. might have to wait til it gets cold though:bawl:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts