GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Needs a truck
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys how much would it be to bag a truck.....nothin to xtreme, jsut some of the same products that everyone is running, not including labor, just for the parts, 4 link in the back, and the best set up for the front?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I dropped $ 3,600 for my set up
Front-
ART Cool Ride w/ arms Upper/Lower control arms

Rear-
KP 4 link w canti

Air Consumption-
Air Commander engine driven comp
2- 5 gallon Air Lift tribe tanks
4- 3/8” SMC Valves (Dumps)
4-1/2’’ SMC Valves (fills)
½” line
fittings
Ride pro E w/ FOB remotes
4- 224C 3/8” port Firestones

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
fa1se-1mage said:
I dropped $ 3,600 for my set up
Front-
ART Cool Ride w/ arms Upper/Lower control arms

Rear-
KP 4 link w canti

Air Consumption-
Air Commander engine driven comp
2- 5 gallon Air Lift tribe tanks
4- 3/8” SMC Valves (Dumps)
4-1/2’’ SMC Valves (fills)
½” line
fittings
Ride pro E w/ FOB remotes
4- 224C 3/8” port Firestones
Now that's an awesome setup, now if only you would've substituted Slams for the 'Stones. :head:

g_unit, if you want a nice setup, don't even think about bags until you have at least $3,500 saved up. :read:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
LowBlue02 said:
Now that's an awesome setup, now if only you would've substituted Slams for the 'Stones. :head:

g_unit, if you want a nice setup, don't even think about bags until you have at least $3,500 saved up. :read:
:word:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
g_unit77 said:
Okay guys how much would it be to bag a truck.....nothin to xtreme, jsut some of the same products that everyone is running, not including labor, just for the parts, 4 link in the back, and the best set up for the front?
Assuming you have a NBS truck, here's some figures for thought

FRONT
$999 for the cool ride with upper & lower control arms
OR
$549 for the cool ride kit alone

BACK
$500 KP Bolt on 4-link
$430 KP Cantilever setup
$150 2 Airbags

Air Mangement
$1099 RidePro-E 4-way

So about $3,200 with the control arms, or $2,800 without

·
Needs a truck
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1buda said:
Have you looked around on who's going to do the work, or are you doing it yourself?
I havnt looked into labor or anything yet, i knew some people. i was just asking to get a overall figure of how much it would cost, cause i never heard of anyone talk about a price before. Thanks for the answers.

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
g_unit77 said:
I havnt looked into labor or anything yet, i knew some people. i was just asking to get a overall figure of how much it would cost, cause i never heard of anyone talk about a price before. Thanks for the answers.
What do you plan on bagging?

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
I fabbed the one on my old dodge. Total cost to the frame was $1100. Just for things I couldn't make myself. I would sudgest scraping things from everywhere you can. Look for old busses and what not that have air suspension, good parts to be had there. That is if you're feeling lucky.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
The reality is: It is a MUST that you use quality parts, especially for your hardware. You can't flake out on that. KP, Air Lift, and Air Ride Technologies are some of the companies with the best quality components (4 links and front setups) there is. Now, how much more you spend will rely on how fast you want your setup to be.
You can go with a very mild setup like 1 Viair 450 compressor, 1 5 or 6 gallon tank, 4 valves (SMC's, Parkers, or GC's), 3/8" air line, and some slam specialities or Firestone Air bags (plus switches and guages etc). That'll run you a bit over $2000 w/front setup and KP 4 link. You can add more valves, more comps, more or bigger tanks, and the cost will increase. You can go with an ideal setup like some of the guys here mentioned and spend over $3000 easy. It all depends on how fast you want your setup and how long you want to play around with your switches..

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
OrangeCrush said:
good responses!

valve size is what determines the speed of the bags right?
It's a big factor but not the only one. Line/fitting/bag/tank port sizes as well as type of compressor also have a factor in the speed.

·
Formerly Bagged Member
220 Posts
i used to have a 87 s10 blazer that was bagged and once the motor went i sold it along wit the bags, now i've got my 01 reg cab 4.3 friends call it the fullsize s10 or big bodied s10. anyways. i'm baggin it with the following

Four 1/2" valves (from when i was plannin on puttin fbss on da blaze)
KP front cups - 85.00
4 rs slams - 89.oo each
4 3/8 valvs - 29.95 each
square d p-swtich 25.oo
various 4-link stuffs and notch from suicidedoors.com - 300.oo
york compressor w/clutch and 1yr warantee - 160.oo from autozone
air lift air commander bracket kit - 300.oo
and i traded a guy in the club my 80cu/ft nitrogen bottle and regulator for his 12 gallon tank and 150.oo

and i'll be bagged wit fbss with the exception of still needing fittings,switches, and airline

shipped all those items should be in the range of 1400.oo/1500.oo

:D oh yea! :rocking:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts