GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought these 1.5" blocks from 4wheelparts.com, open the box and there is no paperwork, just 2 1.5" blocks. It's not rocket science on how these are supposed to work, but no installation instructions???

Do they go on top of the factory blocks? Below? And my stock u-bolts are not going to work. So $45 for two pieces of aluminum and nothing in the way of instructions? New u-bolts come with the 2+" rear kits but not the 1.5". A little annoyed that I can't install this today without searching local parts stores to spend another $50 in at least 10" u-bolts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Chevy Owner for Life
35 Posts
Please do not stack your blocks! The new 1.5" inch block will replace your factory 1" blocks. Just do one side at a time its easy.

Normally you would replace the U-bolts but you could probably reuse them depending on how much thread is left with factory blocks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, thats makes sense. Because the factory block is 1", I measured it. But did I read this wrong then, because I see 1.5" LIFT block and I think its 1.5" of lift, but really its only .5"? Why would someone buy the 1" block then?

·
Chevy Owner for Life
35 Posts
Yea unfortunately you read it wrong. It is a Lift Block thats size is 1.5", not 1.5" of lift.
And I'd imagine they sell the 1" block for people that want to go back to stock cause most people, including myself, just throw away there factory blocks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gotcha. Well, maybe 1/2" will be better then. My truck sits pretty much level with the 2.5" kit I put up front, but I didn't like how the rear dropped so much.

·
Chevy Owner for Life
35 Posts
I have the 2.5" TGC kit on the front of mine and I ended up putting a .5" bigger block on it to make it sit right. So ur 1.5" block should be perfect.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, its level now. 38 1/2" top of fender well on all 4 corners. Man I really want to put a 5" RCX kit on this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts