GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of Xtreme A/T in a 35 right now, but I'm moving up to 38.5's. I love the A/T's, but would like something with a little more grip. Anyone have any experience with the Xterrains? Maybe recommend some others rather than Pro Comp. I'm on the street 85% of the time.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have had 2 buddies that put them on there F150s and on one truck they wore great got a good ride had a little howl to them but wasnt to bad and then my other buddy his went to shit. Every tire is different though but they are pretty sweet in my opinion.

·
Watchu know about trucks?
1,154 Posts
Anyone have any experience with the Xterrains?
I have some 35" X-Terrians on my Suburban. Cant say anything bad about them. And its on the road 100% of the time.

·
Justin @ A/T Fab
325 Posts
X-terrains are great tires, but the larger sizes are a bit softer compound, just something to consider.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Me and Justin(motohead) both have 37s he has 16-17s and i have 20s, both ride really good and wear really good, Justin have like 20k on his and they still have tons of tread left, they are good tires, nice and quite too.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have the 35 x 13.5 x 20 X-AT on my truck and they have worked great thus far. No complaints at all.

·
Heavy Metal Machine
619 Posts
I've got the M/Ts on my ride. 95% street and they're holding up very well. I've had them in mud and snow and have zero complaints.

·
Registered
186 Posts
My next set of tires will be the ProComp Xtreme MT's....:biggrin:

Hopefully this will happen as soon as I find a buyer for my stock GY rubber that came on my 20's.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I had 33x12.50-15 X-Terrains on my Jeep J10 for awhile and I absolutely hated them! The tractoin sucked, sidewalls were weak,, tread would chip and chunk, didn't balance well. Nothing really good to say about them, I wouldn't run them ever again. If you're going to run ProComps I would either stay with the X-A/T or X-M/T and thats it, ProComp can keep the rest of their tires, not a fan.

Rankin

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I wasnt a huge fan of them on my old '00 z71, mine didnt wear to well and even though I did spend the majority of my time on road, the times I did get into some mud like at the ranch, they werent the best things ever. I honestly liked my SSRs more overall

·
Registered
186 Posts
Figured I would post here rather than starting a new thread. I have someone local who wants my stock rubber for his Denali.

I have a quote for $1199 for 4 275/60/20 Pro Comp Xtreme MT's installed and balanced. Do you guys think this is a good deal or should I keep shopping?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Are you in a hurry? Wait a couple months and Procomp has their buy 3 get one free sale.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Figured I would post here rather than starting a new thread. I have someone local who wants my stock rubber for his Denali.

I have a quote for $1199 for 4 275/60/20 Pro Comp Xtreme MT's installed and balanced. Do you guys think this is a good deal or should I keep shopping?

Thanks for any help.
Are you in a hurry? Wait a couple months and Procomp has their buy 3 get one free sale.
The only thing that makes me want to move now is that I have the stock rubber sold for a good price if I go ahead. I always heard they up the prices with that deal but have no experience with it so it may not be true....

·
Ultra Mega Bro
642 Posts
I agree with ringostar. My brother had some xterrains on his jeep and they sucked pretty bad. I have never been a big fan of directional tires anyways. What happens when you need traction in reverse? The xtreme mud terrains have been treating me well so far.

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
I use to run 35 xterrains, and they were an alright tire. They did have a little howl to them, and they sucked in the rain, or any wet surface.

·
03 Silverado in progress
692 Posts
dude don't do it they wear like shit and love to cup before 20,000K.....go with toyo or another brand you know is gonna last. You can buy two sets of crappy pro comps or one set of bad ass toyos....YOU DO THE MATH!

·
Watchu know about trucks?
1,154 Posts
If wonder if they dont do well on just trucks. Because I havent experienced any of these things on my Suburban.

No cupping, not all that loud and it drives/handles fine in the rain. Actually better than the factory tires.

·
03 Silverado in progress
692 Posts
maybe the weight ratio plays a huge factor....either way I have a truck and I would never run those tires again as long as I live....I figure if they can sell them for buy 3 get 1 free they have to be low quality

·
Rig Rat
29 Posts
when they doing the buy 3 get one free again? i want to move up to some 37x13.50x18 xat's

1 - 20 of 34 Posts