GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to adding a lift kit to a '09 Chevy Silverado in the near future. I was wanting to get people's feedback on Pro Comp's Xtreme A/T Tires. They look like a well made tire and a good alternative to BFG's A/T (the price of the BFG's have greatly increased in my area the past few months) My truck would be driven aprox. 85% on road/ 15% off road. Are you really getting near 40,000 miles off of them as the warranty claims? Any tread seperation problems?

·
Super trash and proud
1,921 Posts
I like mine. They are quiet and ride good on road. I have really had them offroad too much so not sure about that side. I think i've got about 10,000 miles on mine and they still look damn good. I really think they will by far pass the 40,000 miles.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
My buddy had a set of 35s on his Dodge. He liked em, and said they did well offroad for an A/T. He got good mileage too. He has since moved to MGs and hates em :D.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had a set of 35's on 20's on the 1500 I owend. Had about 8k on them when I sold the truck. They still looked new at 8k. I thought they were a good tire overall. Low noise, great mileage. However they were a pia to get balanced good enough. Took a lot of weight to get them balanced correctly. Could of been the pro-comp wheels too possibly.

Now on the Duramax that replaced the 1500 I have a set of cooper stt 35" tires on 20's. To me they are a better tire. More road noise but that is all. Time will tell what mileage I get out of the coopers.

·
Super trash and proud
1,921 Posts
I had a set of 35's on 20's on the 1500 I owend. Had about 8k on them when I sold the truck. They still looked new at 8k. I thought they were a good tire overall. Low noise, great mileage. However they were a pia to get balanced good enough. Took a lot of weight to get them balanced correctly. Could of been the pro-comp wheels too possibly.

Now on the Duramax that replaced the 1500 I have a set of cooper stt 35" tires on 20's. To me they are a better tire. More road noise but that is all. Time will tell what mileage I get out of the coopers.
Mine have alot of weight on them too, but I'm in the same boat. It could be the rims too

·
Built Not Bought
532 Posts
i've got a set of 37s on my truck and i love them i havent put but a couple hundred miles on them but they are relatively quiet and ride good in my opinion they did take alot of weight to balance but they are fine ill most likely buy them again after these wear out

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
I had a set of 35x12.50-20's on the F150 before the grapplers. great all around tire IMO, nice highway manners, wore very well, pulled hard in the snow. mine used barely any weight at all, iirc 6 ounces was the most on the 4, less than the stock bfg 265/70/17's it replaced. most aggressive looking AT tire you can buy IMO. if they were better priced, i wouldn't hesitate on buying them again.

·
Built Not Bought
532 Posts
I didnt think the price of them was to awful for 37x12.50x17s i give $1120 shipped to my house that was the cheapest 37 id found out of all of the tires i looked at

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
I didnt think the price of them was to awful for 37x12.50x17s i give $1120 shipped to my house that was the cheapest 37 id found out of all of the tires i looked at
well i just looked on treadepot.com and you can the cooper stt in that size for 1015 bucks shipped.

from what i've seen they want more for the xtreme at's than a toyo mud, that's just wrong IMO. the only reason i ran them is i got them almost new for 800 bucks, some guy bought them, had them a week, and wanted 37's

they do have the buy 3 get 1 free deal on ebay i see

·
Built Not Bought
532 Posts
thats seems pretty cheap, where did you find them at that price?
i bought my 37 xtreme a/ts off of ebay

well i just looked on treadepot.com and you can the cooper stt in that size for 1015 bucks shipped.

from what i've seen they want more for the xtreme at's than a toyo mud, that's just wrong IMO. the only reason i ran them is i got them almost new for 800 bucks, some guy bought them, had them a week, and wanted 37's

they do have the buy 3 get 1 free deal on ebay i see
the only thing i could find the cooper stt's in was a 35 for a 1015 shipped not 37s and that was on ebay

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Very good tire..I've had them in 35's and 38.5's. I'd highly recommend them.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I got my 33's off ebay. $723 shipped with the buy 3 get one free. I have about 10k on mine and they still look damn good. Do pretty well offraod for an A/T and handle everyday driving like a champ.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got my 33's off ebay. $723 shipped with the buy 3 get one free. I have about 10k on mine and they still look damn good. Do pretty well offraod for an A/T and handle everyday driving like a champ.
Yukon Z,

Your running the exact tire/wheel combo I'm hoping to run when I buy an '09 or '00 Chevy Z71 NNBS X-cab. They look awsome!

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Do these come in a 275-60/20 or a 285-55/20?

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Any other pro comp tires come in the sizes I listed? I'd look but I'm on my phone

1 - 20 of 32 Posts