GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if these tires are any good? 4wheelparts is having a buy 3 get one free sale and i was thinking of buying these instead of the BFG M/T's, it would come out to the same price for the pro comps which are 225 a piece compared to the BFG at 188 a peice. I havent heard anything about these tires though.

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
Do you actually use your truck off-road? Have you ever been out mudding and said to yourself, "wow, glad i have mud terrains" then youll hate the a/ts regardless of how extreme they are or arnt. Ive got 1st hand experince you will not see a significant tread life difference in any light duty dual purpose mud/at tire.

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
they usually jack up their prices all to hell when they do the buy 3 get 1 free deal, so you realy don't usually save any $$$. just fyi

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, i think so, I havent heard about them, i was hoping someone on here has, they look like a good tire

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I havent heard anything either.... but guess what?

You can be the guinea pig!!!

·
Chevy Owner
1,363 Posts
If your gonna purchase them under the "Buy 3, Get the 4th Free" deal, go through another Procomp dealer other than 4 Wheel Parts. Just like stated above, 4 Wheel parts jacks up the prices considerably before this deal kicks in...so your really not saving much. And actually, its a sale that is offered through Procomp, not 4 wheel parts. Any dealer should be able to get the same deal on the tires. I know that there are 2 other dealers near me here in Ohio that offered the deal last year and their prices stayed the same...never changed...so you actually got a deal. Just a little FYI...

·
bitter southern gun owner
1,142 Posts
yeh i was reading my peterson in class the other day while taking me notes:hmm: and saw them and was curious bout them

and like stated b4 that buy 3 get 1 free usualy is just bs u still get f'd

and what type of terrain will u be using these tires most often?
do you actualy need a m/t for offroad purpose or just to make sure u dont get stuck

but :imo procomps r promcraps

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, after debating and looking at other prices I think i will get the BFG's becuase i have ran them before and they wear extremely well. Thanx for all the input guys

·
|=====TK=====|
523 Posts
BFG's are great tires, but then again I bought these Pro Comp Xtreme A/T's last fall and they have been fantastic. I drive my truck everyday for service calls and these tires still ride like new. I guess to each their own, but IMO these are decent tires. BTW, I picked up the tires and rims, mounted - balanced - installed, from 4 Wheel Parts for $1400. Not a bad deal. -TK

·
Registered
9 Posts
If your gonna purchase them under the "Buy 3, Get the 4th Free" deal, go through another Procomp dealer other than 4 Wheel Parts. Just like stated above, 4 Wheel parts jacks up the prices considerably before this deal kicks in...so your really not saving much. And actually, its a sale that is offered through Procomp, not 4 wheel parts. Any dealer should be able to get the same deal on the tires. I know that there are 2 other dealers near me here in Ohio that offered the deal last year and their prices stayed the same...never changed...so you actually got a deal. Just a little FYI...
Pick up a copy of "8-lug" or some other recent 4x4 mag and call 4x4 parts and give them the prices from the magazine not the sight. The buy 3 get one free is on the add with the old tire prices. Worked for me, I got 42000 miles out of my last set of Xterrains on my 2500 HD. Good tire.

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
I think it is either hit or miss with Procomp. Adam and Neil had good luck with their X Terrains, mine were loud as hell and rode like shit! :imo :scum:

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
yeah... poor quality, ive seen many split, etc etc. ill never buy them again thats for sure.

·
OG Member
4,862 Posts
I think it is either hit or miss with Procomp. Adam and Neil had good luck with their X Terrains, mine were loud as hell and rode like shit! :imo :scum:
:word: Adams tires rode nice and he loved them. I just wish Nitto or Toyo would make 37" tires for 16" wheels damnit!

·
droppin loads
3,883 Posts
The Pro Comps with XTC are better than the regular ones. I had the regular XTerrains and they rode ok but stopping and starting they would shake pretty bad. Treadwear seemed to be ok on them though and they did great in dirt/sand. Never took them in mud.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts