GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Dbs>Bitches.
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I go to get my lift kit installed, Do I just say that I want a pro comp full drop kit, Also what are the best shocks from pro comp??

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
Well do you want a regular shock, resi' etc.

Get the full drop so you can crank it later when you want to go bigger which I guarentee you will

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
full drop suspension kits are always gonna be better because you get more real lift without having to touch the torsion bars. not sure on the shocks though.

·
Its just my style
1,404 Posts
:imo:, the best shocks that Procomp sells, are MX-6s. Other than that, go with Fox.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I just did a full drop Pro Comp install and the ES9000 Shock is pretty decient

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I had a set of Pro Comp MX-6 shocks on my truck for about 10,000 miles or 6 months, whichever you prefer, and 3 of the 4 started to lead fluid and were completely shot. I don't do anything that should wear them out that quickly, but 3 of them were bad. I called Pro Comp and got a new set no problem and they haven't gone bad yet. But I like them when they work.

·
Chevy Owner
1,363 Posts
Depending on your funds, Id run either Bilstein 5100's or some Fox's. Both are great shocks, Fox's are pretty expensive, but a great shock...alot of people run Bilsteins and love them. I'd probably just go with Bilsteins but thats me :imo

·
boogity boogity
987 Posts
i got mx-6's and love them, no problems at all. Had them on for about 3 years

·
Dbs>Bitches.
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright thanks guys, I think I will go with the mx 6, If I crank my t-bars should I run dual shocks up front, Also do you guys think it would be a good idea to powder coat the kit red??

·
Its just my style
1,404 Posts
My kit came with 4 MX-6s, and when I added the dual shock option, they added 4 more! So, cranked t-bars with 3shocks on each front wheel rides like a brick! Even with all the settings set on "1, the softest" .

Just don't put one in the factory location, and just run the two on the hoop, and set them to "1". Rides pretty good.

·
Dbs>Bitches.
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
With a pro comp 6 inch full drop kit should i be able to run 35s, I have a 01 gmc sierra 1500 hd.

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
Alright thanks guys, I think I will go with the mx 6, If I crank my t-bars should I run dual shocks up front, Also do you guys think it would be a good idea to powder coat the kit red??
with cranked bars, your suspension will move less. there is no need for the extra dampening provided by an additional shock. :read:

·
Its just my style
1,404 Posts
Get the mx6's but make sure you get them valved for duals or it will ride like shit.
You dial them in yourself with a 6 position setting knob. Hence the MX-6

·
Its just my style
1,404 Posts
With a pro comp 6 inch full drop kit should i be able to run 35s, I have a 01 gmc sierra 1500 hd.
Yes, easy. But, depends on your wheel backspacing.

·
Mile High
3,080 Posts
You dial them in yourself with a 6 position setting knob. Hence the MX-6
And all this time I thought I was selling non-adjustable shocks :hmm: Pro Comp has different valving options for the dual kits, then you obviously have the 6 independent compression AND rebound settings from there (since the mx6's are a gas shock). If you really wanna be a baller get the duals in the standard pro comp res:

They're made by edelbrock and you can get them in soft valving for duals, plus they stay reasonably clean due to the zinc finish (a la bilstein) :head:

·
Its just my style
1,404 Posts
Whats so funny?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts