GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My life long project vehicle has been a 1955 Chevy Truck, I bought it for $500 when I was in college ... my hope is that one day it will be complete. I've come further in the last 2 years than ever, mostly body work. This is what it should look similar too one day.

The frame has had a Camaro front clip grafted onto it, I'll be able to get the

Air Ride Cool Ride for the Camaro and it will work perfectly.

All the suspension will be powder coated and the frame painted to match

The cab has had everything shaved, drip rails, gas filler, mirrors, door handles, dash, firewall .. all the sharp edges have been radiused over.

I already have the tires and wheels, Weld Drag Lites 15x14 on Mickey Thompson Sportsman 29x18.5

As for the engine, the truck had a 327 but that was put into my '78 Malibu, the 350 out of the Malibu will be rebuilt, a 6-71 blower added and mated to a Turbo 400 Automatic. (This isn't my engine, only how I want it to look)

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeff said:
nice project. :head: truely an American badass truck :head2:
I love it, and the best thing is the shop where it has been for the last 2 years, he lets me do a little work along and he stores it for me. The cab is on a roll aroudn dolley, so he can push it out of the way. Recently he asked me if I was interested in doing a website for him for some bodywork, HELL YEAH :rocking: hopign to get the details worked out soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts