GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running the rc 3" kit on my truck right now. Can you use the pro comp adjustable coilovers with the rc or like dirt logics. I just want to get some of the coilovers you can adjust... any help would be awesome! thanks guys

·
Super trash and proud
1,921 Posts
I am running the rc 3" kit on my truck right now. Can you use the pro comp adjustable coilovers with the rc or like dirt logics. I just want to get some of the coilovers you can adjust... any help would be awesome! thanks guys
Procomp and Dirtlogics are a no.

You could probably find some that would work with it, but they aren't gonna be cheap :imo

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
the problem you run into if you want the procomp or fabtech dirt logics is that they are made for 6" of lift not sotck or 3" so they are too long. now there are other companys that make coilovers for your application, but i believe most are sold as a kit with ucas and such but you might be able to get just the coils

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Get a set of FOA Coilovers. Talk to Jason at GMR :imo

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are these adjustable so you can crank them?

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Yep. I'm running 10" travel Coilovers (9" ride height) cranked to 10.5"

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
To replace a 2" leveling kit yes.. But to sit at 3" with the ability to crank no. Unless you ran those and a 1.5-2" spacer.

EDIT- However I wouldnt go much Higher than 3.5"

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To replace a 2" leveling kit yes.. But to sit at 3" with the ability to crank no. Unless you ran those and a 1.5-2" spacer.
ok so i couldnt add these to my rc? i want to find something i can add to my rc so i can crank a lil bit.

edit- i only want a .5 inch maybe 1

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
ok so i couldnt add these to my rc? i want to find something i can add to my rc so i can crank a lil bit.
I guess you COULD. Since they can be set at stock height and cranked to 2" over. So yeah, you could replace the stock strut with Bilsteins.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Before I smartened up I was going to run the Bilsteins to replace the stock strut and CCM. I would have still been running the Lower Extensions from Fabtech though. Im glad I went full Coilover replacement, but with your set up it would be fine.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
is that all i would have to do? i wouldnt have to fabricate anything?

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
is that all i would have to do? i wouldnt have to fabricate anything?
No. The Bilstein is a direct replacement for the stock strut. You use the stock spring and mounting hardware. At the same time, you top spacer will work just like stock.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
How can I know so much about lowering a truck but know virtually nothing about lifting one?
wut?? I dont know a damn thing about lowering a truck :D . I did learn the the rear can be lowered by running a shackle flip and spring under conversion. I never new that.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok thanks for all the help!!

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Front: Strut spacers, driver and passenger side diff drop brackets, differential skid plate, and hardware.
He'll be ok to crank a tad over 3"

1 - 20 of 27 Posts