GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The problem I have is that my passenger side headlight had a cracked piece of plastic on the bottom of the housing which causes the light to slant slightly. As of right now it causes a pretty shitty beam from my bulbs in there now. I really dont feel like paying 175 for the housing from the dealer, but am unsure of the quality of the eBay lights and if they would match(possibly could by a whole new set for cheaper)...Where should I go to buy a new oem housing??

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
post a thread in the wanted section. Keep in mind that headlights from suburbans and tahoes will also work and maybe another member will have a spare

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i need to find some better junkyards cause one would not sell me a piece for my hitch, only the whole truck...and the other wanted $150 for a set of very used taillights... maybe they will be a little better with headlights.

·
hotdogfarts
2,287 Posts
Buy a replacement light from TYC. TYC does more OEM parts than they do flashy stuff like euro's and what not. They fit excellent and always match the OEM lights. Apparently they manufacturer some OEM lights for OEM equipment.

At a this body shop I used to help out with on the weekends there were always STACKS of TYC boxes in the dumpster from repaired vehicles.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now I have a second problem:

The lights came in, but on the plastic housing that secures the bulb it says 8000k. I called Josh but got no answer. I was so borderline between 6000 and 8000, that I want to install these and see what they look like. I am still waiting on a call or email, but really dont feel like waiting another week and a half to install them...What would yall do?

Just out of curiousity, how much are a set of just the 6000k bulbs?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts