GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, I already cleared the parking lights without too much trouble. now i moved on to the headlights and their driving me insane. first I tried putting them in the oven at 200 for 8 minutes. That didnt work. Then later on I tried 450 for 6 minutes. that isnt working either. does anybody have tips for getting these apart. im afraid im gonna tear them up trying to do this. The sticky doesnt really help me for this problem.

·
bombs on target
3,016 Posts
i did 175 for 10 minutes. takes forever. just be careful. you only get about 2 or 3 minutes to work between times in the oven.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can get the butter knife about 1/8-1/4 in that little space but not even a sharp knife will go deeper. Do I just keep prying underneath that little edge?

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
what i did was get a metal putty knife and shoved it in there and just pried on it for a while in sections, worked pretty well

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replys, I finally got them off after hours working on them. what a bitch that was, now my hands have blisters all over them.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
blisters? that sucks that you had suck problems with them, i was done with mine in about 2 hours and that was with my dad holding me back

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeha i got some blisters from the handles of the knifes i used. mainly from scraping all the old silicone out.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ended up getting them apart, they turned out very nice and are sealed very good too. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Laynlow77 needs to chime in, he can help.
im assuming these are chevy lights. i usually do 200 for 10 or so minutes. then score everything real well with a exacto knife. then its just a matter of prying them apart. its not as easy as it looks, but they will come apart. just keep em warm and be patient.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts