GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after the lift was put on, we notice a lot of bouncing when the brakes were applied. We figured it was due to not being aligned, well it was aligned today and we still have the brake issue. The problem is also not constant, but when it does act up the back end of the truck shakes bad. I called Fabtech and they said the new silverado and new suv's are having break issues and to contact a garage. Has anyone else heard of this?

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
That has nothing to do with the lift. Just larger tires etc will increase the severity.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had that same problem with mine. Do you have rear drums with new wheels? I do, and my problem was the 2 clips that hold the drums on when the wheels aren't on. No problem with the stock steel wheels as the lug holes don't hit them. But with cast aluminum wheels, they caused the wheels to not sit flush to the drum.

If you've got rear drum (perhaps even rotors) and aftermarket wheels, I check the little clips out. It something that you could easily overlook while installing a lift......I did.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Mine did it with certain wheels. Its the drums, like about make sure the wheel mounting surface is sitting flush against the drum. Might have to remove those clips on the studs that hold the drum on

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
i had the same problem til i changed to hp rotors.

·
Registered
445 Posts
i had the same problem as well on my 05.... when it had 22's it would shake like a bitch when i hit the brakes, almost to the point where i didnt want to hit the brakes anymore. lol

took those off and removed the clips, then put my 35s on it and it doesnt shake at all now.. (just takes forever to stop those things) ahah

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the replys. Tomarrow i'll remove those clips and hopefuly that will solve the problem. I'll keep you posted

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just talked to a mechanic at the local chevy garage and he told me not to touch the pins. He said they got a service bulletin on the back brakes because the drums get out of round and it makes the whole truck shake.

·
Pink Bear Man...
1,455 Posts
Just talked to a mechanic at the local chevy garage and he told me not to touch the pins. He said they got a service bulletin on the back brakes because the drums get out of round and it makes the whole truck shake.
Take the damn clips off... their just used in the build to hold the rotor on before everything is in place. They have no purpose after the truck is built and could very well be the fix. a pair of dikes and 5 min and their off. May solve all your problems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts