GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my DJM 4/6 drop on and now my ass is draggin, I measured and the front only came down about three inches. Is this normal.

I have had it on for about a week and the hieght has not changed.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Is it normal? No.....I would question whether or not your coil was positioned correctly in the upper spring pocket. There are fingers that center the coil and if the coil happens to be sitting on them vs. sitting around them that could count for the height.

Cameron

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No the spring is seated all the way, I have dropped alot of trucks but this is my first nbs.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
After i did the LCA's on mine i took it for a "test spin" around the block. About 1/8th mile down the road i heard a loud "pop" and the front end dropped another half inch or more. Since then it hasn't budged. I got closer to a full 4" out of my LCA's so i have no idea what would be causing you to only get 3"?

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
After i did the LCA's on mine i took it for a "test spin" around the block. About 1/8th mile down the road i heard a loud "pop" and the front end dropped another half inch or more. Since then it hasn't budged. I got closer to a full 4" out of my LCA's so i have no idea what would be causing you to only get 3"?
When I bagged the front of my truck, we took it for a spin and as we pulled back into the driveway a loud noise .. when we got out we saw that the balljoint hadnt settle in and had now, so we just tightened the nut down and it's been fine ever since.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Everything is tight and the bump stop is not touching, it rides great, seems to be real smooth. I cant figure it out.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Hmmm...the only thing I can think of is that if you got a arm/coil combo drop that you could have possibly got 1" drop coils instead of 2" but as far as I know DJM doesn't sell a 1" coil.

I still think something isn't sitting right....:think:

Cameron

1 - 13 of 13 Posts