GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my raptor hid's from ddm tuning today. i went to hook them up and they dont even work. i called the guys at ddm tuning they said i had to hook like the main wire harness from the headlight upside down??? that still didnt work. then they told me i have to send them back now. So before i send them back does anybody have a clue if or what i did wrong? thanks

·
Registered
307 Posts
where were they made? If its the ones from China try flipping the connector on the ballast around.....that's what I had to do for my fogs

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where were they made? If its the ones from China try flipping the connector on the ballast around.....that's what I had to do for my fogs
i didnt even try to install the fogs but when i called ddm tuning thats what they said i had to do for the lows and they still didnt work. i guess i need to send them back. this sucks!

·
I like 'em white
2,749 Posts
Positive and Negative are switched on our trucks apparently so take the plug on the ballast side, turn it over and plug it in again. This means that it looks like your plugging it in wrong. It will not "clip" into place. Make sure you try that before you send them back. Almost all kits have this problem, there just wired backwards from our trucks.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
I have had 2 sets in my lows, one I had to reverse, one I didn't, I think its just luck of the draw on the kit.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Positive and Negative are switched on our trucks apparently so take the plug on the ballast side, turn it over and plug it in again. This means that it looks like your plugging it in wrong. It will not "clip" into place. Make sure you try that before you send them back. Almost all kits have this problem, there just wired backwards from our trucks.
yea i tried them the right way were the harnest clips together. that didnt work so then i tried it backwards, upside down whatever and it still didnt work. So for the hell of it we pulled the new fog lights out of the box to test them and see if they worked and those didnt work either? idk if something happend to them during shipping or what? but im most likely gonna send em back tomorrow but its gonna take a while to get em back because they have to be ground shipped from south carolina all the way to california and back. man im pissed!

·
Wambulance Driver
1,790 Posts
Dont tell me this!!!! I get mine in tomorrow from DDM. Hopefully the Slim Ballest dont have this problem.

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Ok...do you have the relay? Have you checked your low headlight fuse? Are you leaving one side unplugged?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
we tried fucking everything! i mean me and my dad arent electrician experts or whatever by anymeans but we just tried everything we could think of and everything the guys from ddm could think of. It was the raptor hid's so i dont know if that has anything to do with it?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dont tell me this!!!! I get mine in tomorrow from DDM. Hopefully the Slim Ballest dont have this problem.
i will hate you if yours work! :flame: haha jk but hopefully yours work fine. i sent them back out this mornin so im gonna have to wait atleast 2-3 weeks til i get em back.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
sucks dude, HIDGATE :D :crazy:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts