GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Needs a truck
Joined
·
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of late, when i accelerate and get into the higher RPM's, when i go to stop, my engine will rev up and keep accelatrating while my foot is on the break, it does for for about 3 seocnds before it starts to break, i have no idea why it is doin this and its never done this before, can someone help?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
That sucks dude...sorry to hear that. I'll have to ask Ryan if he knows what it could be. You might want to post this in the maintenance or technical section.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
59 Posts
1buda said:
Check your throttle cable, something just might be binding. :think:
More than likely is the TPS sensor, There is a way to test them, but im not completely sure how. :think: You know it works if there's a certain voltage going to one of the wires on it, but i have no clue which wire or what the voltage would be.

:imo just go and buy a new TPS sensor from Autozone, and replace it. If it works, sweet, if it doesn't, just keep your receipt and the box, and say it wasn't the correct one, and "i just went and bought one from the dealership" or something. :evil:
 

·
I don't own a lowrider
Joined
·
4,694 Posts
bcossette said:
More than likely is the TPS sensor, There is a way to test them, but im not completely sure how. :think: You know it works if there's a certain voltage going to one of the wires on it, but i have no clue which wire or what the voltage would be.

:imo just go and buy a new TPS sensor from Autozone, and replace it. If it works, sweet, if it doesn't, just keep your receipt and the box, and say it wasn't the correct one, and "i just went and bought one from the dealership" or something. :evil:
:word:

how many miles are on your blazer? If its 80k+ i'd bet on the TPS sensor. If i'm not mistaken they are under $10 as well. I put a new one in my firebird awhile back, easy change :)
 

·
Needs a truck
Joined
·
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Y2KSierra said:
:word:

how many miles are on your blazer? If its 80k+ i'd bet on the TPS sensor. If i'm not mistaken they are under $10 as well. I put a new one in my firebird awhile back, easy change :)
there is 91.xxx on it, i was talkin to brandon and andy the other night about it and they said it was prob the TPS sensor as well, thanks for the help guys. is the sensor the plug right on top of the throttle body?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
59 Posts
g_unit77 said:
there is 91.xxx on it, i was talkin to brandon and andy the other night about it and they said it was prob the TPS sensor as well, thanks for the help guys. is the sensor the plug right on top of the throttle body?
Well, on the 88-95's the TPS is the sensor, is the sensor on the right (if your looking at the engine inside the bay), and it's right next to the cable where you can manually throttle up the engine, it'll most likely be connected right there. If you can take a picture about the forementioned sensor it would be a lot easier, im not exactly sure what the Vortec Throttle Bodies look like.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top