GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
GMFS Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 silverado and I've had my superchips on there for about a month.. the other day I decided to reprogam it and change the settings a little bit. But when I drove it afterwards.. my truck didnt shift as hard as it did, it feels like stock again, but the rev limiter and shift points were changed and that was it. Does anyone know what the problem is? Do I need to set it back to stock or what?

·
TUNED BY ME!
647 Posts
i used to have superchips on my truck, didn't have any problems, but then again i only installed it like once cause i didn't want to reprogram too many times. My buddy has an '05 F-150 w/ superchips, when he goes to the desert he reprograms his truck, and one time he drove it right after he installed it and shift points were all messed up and it ran like stock except for rev limiter stayed high. He called superchips, they said it's like a progressive tune or something, meaning the computer needs time to relearn what you just did. So, my suggestion is to not reporgram too many times, get it set and leave it. Also, if it wont fix itself, take the truck back to complete stock, start it and run it like that for a few minutes. Come back after a while and tune it to what you want and start it and run it, cause it just has to learn what you did. I always tuned my truck, then started it and let it idle for a couple minutes then turned it off and drove it later.

·
GMFS Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:shake:
i used to have superchips on my truck, didn't have any problems, but then again i only installed it like once cause i didn't want to reprogram too many times. My buddy has an '05 F-150 w/ superchips, when he goes to the desert he reprograms his truck, and one time he drove it right after he installed it and shift points were all messed up and it ran like stock except for rev limiter stayed high. He called superchips, they said it's like a progressive tune or something, meaning the computer needs time to relearn what you just did. So, my suggestion is to not reporgram too many times, get it set and leave it. Also, if it wont fix itself, take the truck back to complete stock, start it and run it like that for a few minutes. Come back after a while and tune it to what you want and start it and run it, cause it just has to learn what you did. I always tuned my truck, then started it and let it idle for a couple minutes then turned it off and drove it later.
Yea thats the problem I must have changed it too many times ha! but thank you I'm just glad the programmer isn't messed up

·
TUNED BY ME!
647 Posts
ya no it's not, you can program and reprogram as many times as you want, just take it easy let it warm up and learn what you just did to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts