GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I've a double din for over a year now in my 06 crew can, and recently took it out to fix the wiring to the back left speaker, plugged it all back in and it no longer works. Then I bought a new gmrc-01 chime box (because it would no longer chime when doors were open and connected to power), but even the new one won't chime. Do you all think there could be a problem with the actual GM wiring behind the dash? I don't get why all of a sudden it seems like no power is being run to the unit or gmrc-01 chime. Where are the fuses for the head unit/CD player in the truck? I thought about maybe seeing if any of the fuses had gone out, and yes I have checked the fuse in the actual head unit and it's fine.

Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
Try hooking it up to a spare battery or computer power supply to see if it turns on, then hookup a speaker and test each location to see if it works..
it works- you know it's gm wiring gone bad
doesn't work- something's wrong with hu

to answer the fuses question... didn't know there's more than the one inside the head unit :/

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try hooking it up to a spare battery or computer power supply to see if it turns on, then hookup a speaker and test each location to see if it works..
it works- you know it's gm wiring gone bad
doesn't work- something's wrong with hu

to answer the fuses question... didn't know there's more than the one inside the head unit :/

Thanks! Plan on checking tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts