GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
RIP Jason Payne
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking aboot getting a procomp lift for my 03 sierra 4x4 with autotrac. Looking to clear some 35" tires and I want to have the option to run 37"s in the future(w/ or w/o a body lift). With the full drop kit would i need to replace my front driveshaft? Whose got the best deal on procomp lifts? Ebay?

Post of pictures of your procomp lifted truck and state wether you have the full drop or knuckle kit and what size tires your running.

Thanks

Layne

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
ebay has some nice deals on Pro Comp lifts and other kits at that. I think the Autotrac Pro Comp kit runs about 1600-1800 on ebay iirc...complete with the front driveshaft

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
yes, autotrac requires a new driveshaft and like stated, the procomp kit should come with one included. Definitely a good kit :thumbsup:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Pics of procomp 6" fulldrop in my sig below on my 04. I got mine from bigredz on FSC.com, he gets them through 4wheelparts but gets a wholesale discount so it comes out a little cheaper than ordering direct usually. I got mine shipped to my front door with es9000 shocks, steering stabilzer, & driveshaft for $1700. This is for a 2500 though, I think the 1500 kit is cheaper. I clear my 35"s with ease.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Pro comp is not a great lift, popular only because 4 wheel parts owns it and pushes the hell out of it. the main drops are made using a lot of 3/16" plate, I have had several customers come back back with rear plates bent & tweaked. The Pro-Comp lift does not come with the CV drive shaft for the AutoTrac feature, it is extra. I suggest not using the drive line though only a hand full we have done have needed the drive line. We just purchace that later if needed. The factory one is stronger that the CV ones so don't replace it unless needed. I prefer an FTS over all others, I could get one on you door step for the same price.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Sound slike you are biased towards FTS to make the sale? Pro comp is a nice kit for NBS Trucksm Now the OBS were frowned upon.

9,778 Posts
Sound slike you are biased towards FTS to make the sale? Pro comp is a nice kit for NBS Trucksm Now the OBS were frowned upon.
I completely agree. Pro Comp for the NBS (fulldrop) is an awesome lift and definately one of the only brands I would consider when doing a 6" lift.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'd say do a search under the same preferred sellers name. You'll see a lot of the same.

As for the pro-comp, the more research i do, the better its sounding for a decent lift kit at a great price. I'd have one if this state allowed lift kits...

·
RIP Jason Payne
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think im gonna go with the procomp on 35"s now I just need to decide wether to go knuckle or full drop. The knuckle kit is cheaper and would be easier to return to stock, although you loose about an inch of lift. I remeber someone on here saying they didnt need to replace their driveshaft when they lifted their autotrac truck, anyone have any info on that?

Thanks for the input everyone, I havent ruled out an RCD lift either.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
ProComp is a very nice kit. Knuckle kit is easier to install, and holds alignment better than full drop. There are pro's and cons of each type though.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Personal preference IMO. Knuckle kits are easier to return to stock. if you plan on doing so.

9,778 Posts
Every post I've seen that guy make has been a sales pitch. The procomp is a great kit for the money.
Completely agree...the only posts that guy puts on here are about FTS being the best kit to buy.

Personal preference IMO. Knuckle kits are easier to return to stock. if you plan on doing so.
Definitely easier to return to stock. I went full drop on mine with the DC and I wouldn't really ever want to run the knuckle lift. I like the trac staying the same and knowing I can crank the bars. :rocking:

·
DisgruntleD
3,822 Posts
That and you can use your stock wheels on the pro comp kits, some that may not be a big deal, but for us winter climate types, the ability to run some skinny tires on your stockers for the winter is a really nice option to have. Really the only option I would consider for mine if I ever get the urge to lift it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The Pro-Comp lift does not come with the CV drive shaft for the AutoTrac feature, it is extra.
Might want to do some research on that one. Coming from someone who DOES sell them...Procomp offers the kit both ways. K1056 comes with the driveshaft and K1057 comes without (for non Autotrac vehicles, i.e. shift on the floor). I won't say it's the BEST kit but it works great for a good number of people.

·
DisgruntleD
3,822 Posts
Might want to do some research on that one. Coming from someone who DOES sell them...Procomp offers the kit both ways. K1056 comes with the driveshaft and K1057 comes without (for non Autotrac vehicles, i.e. shift on the floor). I won't say it's the BEST kit but it works great for a good number of people.

He doesn't need no goddamn research, he sells the one and only Full Throttle suspension, THE best suspension lift company on earth, the most durable well made and best looking kit anywhere on the globe. Guaranteed to outperform, outlast, and outwear your truck and the competition. :supergay:

Can you pm me a price for a K1056 just for shits and grins?

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
A Cepek is stronger....:lol:

·
DisgruntleD
3,822 Posts
A Cepek is stronger....:lol:

IIRC in the thread where the OP was asking about a 9" Cepek, our FTS FTW expert salesman extrordinaire debunked that statement using baffling displays of bullshit and poppycock.:gayfight: All the while never inputting any useful information into a single post the he has thusfar submitted. How does one become a "preferred vendor" on this site when no one prefers him??? :think:

·
Registered
224 Posts
The ONLY kits that require a front drive shaft are any kit's that drop the front diff the FULL 6 inches and are used on an autotrac drive line .The issue becomes a drive line vibration in that front shaft if you try to re-use it at the new angle it must run at.

The reason a Knuckle kit never needs a drive shaft is because the diff drops only 4.5 inches , I got that directly from Pro Comp and a lot of reading at forums :) . The F.I.T superlift claims to drop the diff 6 inches with a knuckle lift I forget if it also requires a drive shaft I am guessing it would..

Also if you want to run 37's I would get the knuckle kit for 1100 at ebay and a body lift to make sure it don't rub :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts