GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am in the market for some new tires and I thought I was going to go with the ProComp Xtreme AT, but I called about 4 local dealers and they are all telling me that they can't get these because ProComp has temporarily stopped production. One shop told me it is because they had bad molds which was causing the the tires not to balance well. I need new tires bad and I wanted these because I have heard good things about them. Has anyone else heard this?

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
never heard anything like that before

·
Banned
70 Posts
i just got my xtreme a/t's about a week ago. i ordered them and got them in two days with no problems. they balanced just fine and so far no problems.

·
277 Posts
I had the ProComp all-terrains. After a year they started to dry rot on the side of the of tires next to the rim. I took a picture and sent it to them and they replaced my tires free of charge. I thought also at the time. Them being all-terrains that they took a lot of weight to balance them. They were 285's.
Take care,
Matt

·
I am Tom Slick
6,613 Posts
my dad had a set of 33's on his truck and they wore like shit

he doesnt drive that much and he needed a new set w/i a year, picked up a set of BFG A/T's to replace them

·
Registered
151 Posts
i personally dont have any experience with procomps but my mechanic told me from his experience their tires ware horribly unless you get above 35's or so.

·
WANT LIFT!!!
3,241 Posts
Try 4wheelparts.com They carry all of them and usually have a sale of some sort. I got the MT's but I am happy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts