GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Pimpin' ain't easy
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any opinions on the available programmers out there? searched some didnt see much of any help. not looking for biased opinions just experiences with em which ones work the best, are they all the same? blah blah blah.
oh btw its for a 04 silverado 4x4 with the 5.3. TIA!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have used two differant types. The first being the predator handheld. It worked fine and there was a noticable increase in power. The second time I had Justinss on this forum do the EFI Live tuning. The EFI tune seems stronger and really seems to pull harder off the line. I am very happy with the tune done by Justin. He was very helpful, and knows what he is doing. Justin has a baner add on this site. His company name is black bear.

Thanks,
Four2fight

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
EFIlive or HPtuner Nellsonperformanca.com.

·
Pimpin' ain't easy
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good to know, i should have added I want to do the programmer so i can adjust it for when i tow my 4Runner, and then keep it stock around town so i dont get too many speeding tickets :D

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
good to know, i should have added I want to do the programmer so i can adjust it for when i tow my 4Runner, and then keep it stock around town so i dont get too many speeding tickets :D
Hptuner and RFIlive are still the best

·
Pimpin' ain't easy
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so does the tranny shift points setup on the programmers make a diffrence at all then or am i better off not dealing with that?

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
ok look 400-500 for a hand held tuner 400-500 for hptune or efilive dont wast your money get efilive or hptune you should listen to the PPL who have already made this mistake

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
My EFI live tune was in the 300-400 range. That was with a second PCM.

Thanks,
Four2fight
i was just showing you are going to pay the same for the pice of shit handheld as you would a good PC based tuner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts