GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 2500HD with the 6.0. I'm considering purchasing a programmer/tuner to improve towing performance. Anyone have any experience, preference or suggestions. I'm looking for pros, cons and recommendations on brands.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I have HPTuners and I like it for the most part, the interface is pretty good and it has the capabilities I need. Their credit system is a little goofy, but not unmanageable. I haven't had the greatest of experiences with their forum if I needed any help, but you can generally find most of what you need by searching.

EFILive is a little more expensive to get started with, but I have heard that it may be cheaper if you are doing more vehicles... Don't quote me on that though.

There are several other tuning suites out there. If you are just looking to do one vehicle then I would look into Blackbear, they have a hell of a reputation and every single person I have talked to that has used them seems to sing their praises. I can't think of a better recommendation than that.

If you do want your own tuning suite I would read up on their forums and find out what their own users like and dislike about them, and what kind of response you will get if you run into a jam.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts