GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 357 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to be posting pic's of the progress of my 98 chevy ext cab truck. I purchased this truck a few months ago already bagged from a guy in missouri for a real good price.

It's bagged on 22"s, Almost lays front, 1/2" port RE-7 Slam Bags, 6 1/2" Blitzluft valves, 2 link rear setup with bag over axle, Stock control arms.
This is my first bagged truck.
Getting ready to unload the truck at work.
DSCF2127.jpg

DSCF2130.jpg

DSCF2134.jpg

DSCF2132.jpg

DSCF2136.jpg

DSCF2137.jpg

DSCF2402.jpg

Alot more pic's coming soon.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice project!

:rofl2:
You hating on how the guy installed the tank, yeah I thought it was pretty funny my self. The straps were not even tight in any way shape or form.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what are some of your plans for the truck?
Get the front laid out(check)
Tub the fire wall(check)
Wheel tubs and notch cover for the bed
Do something else with the gas tank(check)
Move bags in rear from axle to bar(check)
Install shocks in the front and rear
Install digital gauges(check)
Billet grille and smoked headlights and tail lights
Paint it 2007 dodge pickup pearl blue with a ghost tribal design.
Thats what I have in mind so far.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Additional pic's
I drove the truck home on the weekends for a few weeks while purchasing stuff to make the changes I want to the truck.
The black truck is my 97 ext.cab static dropped 5"/7" also the one in my avatar.
KnightShot_08.jpg

KnightShot_02.jpg

KnightShot_03.jpg

KnightShot_04.jpg

KnightShot_05.jpg

KnightShot_07.jpg

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Fat Ginger Kid
2,896 Posts
Looks like a good start. My uncle has a 1998 I want to buy off of him. But its a W/T model. And thats bascially what I want to do to it when I get it. lol

·
i always catch you hatin'
606 Posts
Looks like a good start. My uncle has a 1998 I want to buy off of him. But its a W/T model. And thats bascially what I want to do to it when I get it. lol
the w/t's rock it saves you time for having to remove the side molding and the dumb fender accents, plus you get the smooth front bumper

·
CaddyHack
574 Posts
Looks like a good project. You work at Body Works in Norman??? I used to live in Chickasha many moons ago. Graduated from High School and College there.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like a good project. You work at Body Works in Norman??? I used to live in Chickasha many moons ago. Graduated from High School and College there.
Yeah I work a Body Works right behind the mile of cars on boardwalk. I drive from chickasha to Norman, not a bad drive.:cool:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is when I pulled the truck into the shop and started working on it.
DSCF2262.jpg

DSCF2263.jpg

DSCF2264.jpg

In this pic you can see that the front doesn’t quite lay out.
DSCF2265.jpg

DSCF2274.jpg

My boss gave me a truck tool box for un-installing his stereo system so he could trade in his truck. So I took some measurements of the gas tank and sure enough it would fit in the tool box.:hmm:

The box sits a little higher than I would like it to, higher than the bed rails.
DSCF2266.jpg

DSCF2269.jpg

But still looks a lot cleaner than staring at a gas tank.
DSCF2270.jpg

DSCF2271.jpg

DSCF2272.jpg

DSCF2273.jpg
:cool:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'd like to see the moron that tries to steal that toolbox!
Looks great, very stealth :thumbsup:
Thanks
yeah the box is bolted to the bed and you have to damn near be a contortionist (Did I just spell that right on the first try) to get them out from under the tank. It was a task believe you me.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
the w/t's rock it saves you time for having to remove the side molding and the dumb fender accents, plus you get the smooth front bumper
exactly why i bought the 94 after the 92

1 - 20 of 357 Posts