GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 407 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it was wrecked when my parents hit black ice. No insurance claim so it is paid off but I get stuck rebuilding it:big_banana_Dance:. I am starting with a frontend rebuild. I will switch it to a 2006 cowl hood and 2006 SS grill and bumper cover. New front left fender and core support. I while waiting for parts will be switching my interior color to dark grey. While this is pulled I will fatmat the entire cab before installing new carpet and seats. Then we will see what happens after that. The finished project will have the truck on 24's and bagged on the frame but first I need to make it look right again.

Let the building begin:hack::banana-mario:

1.Artwork of what it will look like
2.Body parts = both bed skins, front fenders, cowl hood(2006 front end swap), SS bumper conversion(cover,air ducts, grills for cover and all brackets), roll pan and tailgate handle relocator( core support installed, 2006 SS grill and fender bought)
3.Transmission upgrade with 2200 stall converter and corvette servos(done being rebuilt and installed)
4.Rear Components=1999 - 2006 GM 1500 Series Truck Bolt-On 4 Link and step notch with croosbar
5.Front air suspension kit for the 99-06 Chevy/GM 1500(not sure which ones to use)
6.Front fenders and fire wall tubed and rear Steel tubs for bed channel
7.24x9 inch rims in black with blue lips or whatever is given. Offset:+19mm or higher Backspacing:5.75" or higher
8.Powder coat all suspension and frame pearl blue( started on drive shafts and engine bay peices this week).
9.Full exhaust, headers and catalytic converters
10.msd ignition coils and wires
11.air intake
12.Change truck color to silver with living flames in blue to match all powder coating.
13.All lights replaced with LED
14.Interior changed to dark grey(Graphite)(all interior is out waiting for new carpet and all peices recieved) with leather seats(Graphite with Bullet Carbon).
15.Full stereo build.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, got the front bumper brackets cut off and will weld the new one on later today. The interior is stripped and being prepped for dynomat or fatmat install. Still need my core support and fender to show so I can finish off the first part of the front end. I rebuilt the trans and installed a 2200 stall converter in it. I also painted my emblem black for the new grill and will be debagging and pulling the molding today.

·
Offroad Work Truck
154 Posts
dam parents. haha jkjk good luck with trucks. in for the biuld

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, at least that is what I like to do for fun outside of work.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, just returned from the salvage yard with the dash cover and all seats and seat belts(full interior is bought minus new head liner. Next to find a center console for it. Now off the start cleaning all the peices before install. I just wish my front end peices would show so I can put That all together.

·
mmm 24" Twisted Blades
2,929 Posts
Well, just returned from the salvage yard with the dash cover and all seats and seat belts(full interior is bought minus new head liner. Next to find a center console for it. Now off the start cleaning all the peices before install. I just wish my front end peices would show so I can put That all together.
my 05 silvy has dark grey interior, but the headliner is the beige color.
do they offer that headliner in grey ?
mine is like this from the factory, and so was my other 05 i had.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my 05 silvy has dark grey interior, but the headliner is the beige color.
do they offer that headliner in grey ?
mine is like this from the factory, and so was my other 05 i had.
Not sure but will find out first thing monday morning when I hit the dealership.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
just so you know that is the only color headliner available.

also, i can get you a center console for a pretty good price, with the glove box door needed.

·
GM bit-size owner
1,654 Posts
In for finished pics. Should look nice when done. I love arrival blue trucks. Debating arrival blue or laser blue when I repaint mine. Good luck with your build, keep us posted.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In for finished pics. Should look nice when done. I love arrival blue trucks. Debating arrival blue or laser blue when I repaint mine. Good luck with your build, keep us posted.
Will do. Just need to do some cleaning then new pics of interior change to post.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just so you know that is the only color headliner available.
I saw light gray and dark grey at the salvage yard today.

also, i can get you a center console for a pretty good price, with the glove box door needed.
Well, I need one bad(center console and glove box). Can you get the lower dash piece also?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Started on the interior only thing missing is new door panels. Carpet should be here any day.

Got my new core support so why not rip the whole front end out and get going on things:)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Well, got most of the front end done. Stayed up till 0200 doing it so I could have at least this much done. Now just waiting for more parts to show up.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, fenders, new mirrors, tailgate, bumper and bed sides were just paid for. Now just need my carpet to show so I can finish the interior(minus the stereo and FATMAT). Still looking for the best deal on a 06-07 cowl hood to buy.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
before

After

Badging Removed as well as the side moldings. One more thing done on my list while waiting for more parts to show.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, just got back from airgas and the salvage yard so work should start up again. The welder has a full bottle of gas and new parts for interior will be cleaned up to install. Just need all my body panels to show from LMC, what is taking so long?. THe wife is buying me for my anniversary gift STAKE POCKET FILLER PANELS,SHAVED TAILGATE HANDLE RELOCATOR and maybe WHEEL TUBS & NOTCH COVER COMBO. Got to love the wife for this.:big_banana_Dance:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Awesome man, keep up with the pics. The truck is going to look badass, what rims do u plan on buying ?

1 - 20 of 407 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.