GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 442 Posts

·
Member #1303
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i picked up that truck i was looking at. 1999 in great shape with something major wrong with the engine.

i found a whippled 01 lq4 locally that i'm going to use for the swap. but i'm going to need a lot of advice, so thanks in advance!

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
you could probably find cheaper engines. check junk yards around here. look for an LQ4 :imo they're cheaper.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
wiring is no big deal...the whole swap is pretty damn easy. Id look for a cheaper motor, just for the sake of NOT throwing 3 grand down for a stock motor...

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
have fun piecing together all the accys, harness, etc etc. my friend picked up a medium miled lq4 for 1300 shipped with accys, harness, pcm, etc off ebay. ive seen even better deals. honeslty, unless you ahve access to all the accys (like pulling out a 4.8/5.3 in favor of the 6.0) then i would buy a full pull out and go from there.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
If you're in that big of a hurry, it's going to cost you ALOT more than it should. I gave 1600 for a complete drivetrain out of an 05 escalade with 6k miles. Why are you in such a rush to get it done? Start searching craigslist every couple hours. If you see a deal, jump on it.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Yeah my LQ4 long block was $400.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
$1300 isn't too bad.

My $400 one has 100k, could be why so cheap. I don't care, run it until it breaks and get another. :pepper:

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,252 Posts

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
:roflmao: Youd really buy something from that guy?

I have never had a customer come back and say " dang I wish I had gone with a 350. That 383 is just way to much!' These are AWSOME torque. If you are building a truck and putting on mudder tires this is a MUST DO!! Even if you don't buy one from me go to a 383. There is no substitute for cubic inch!

Now you can dress these out and still be under the $2500 many shops are selling as thier low ball stroker.

1 - 20 of 442 Posts