GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
TUNED BY ME!
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i am putting my truck up for sale pretty soon and i'm gonna do up a rcsb. Here's what i want to do and let me know what you think. I want to doa 99/00 silvy rcsb v6 5spd only because i want to do a T56 swap and it's easier with a manual truck. I am gonna do a 6.0 turbo, don't know if i'm gonna build the internals or not, that's what i want to know from you guys. I'm gonna do a car-part.com 6.0, so i'm gonna spend around $2,000 on it, don't know if it's worth it to build it for the turbo or just turbo a stock internal and full bolt ons. I know that i don't want to use the stock engine harness and pcm seeing as from what i've heard those pcm's have had their problems. So i'm gonna do a speartech engine harness for the 6.0 and T56 and then get the pcm to match the year 6.0 i get. That way i have a newer pcm. I'm gonna converter the truck to either newer SS front clip or Escalade front clip, gonna dynamat the inside and do it up the way i want. What do you guys think? Anyone know where i can get a cheap silvy for my project? Maybe Salvage title?

Also, would 3:73's be okay for this setup? Any suggestions would be great.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
You'll want a lot more gear with a T56... 6th it 0.50:1 4.56:1 seems to work well.

·
Registered
303 Posts
You'll want a lot more gear with a T56... 6th it 0.50:1 4.56:1 seems to work well.
Werd, I know many guys say that 4.10's aren't enough gear. With a t-56 swap:
T56 vs. Auto
4.10's=3.42
4.30's=3.73
4.56=4.10's
4.88=4.30

Obviously this isn't a scientific chart, but it is more of a comparison of how the truck will feel.

·
TUNED BY ME!
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh wow, good to know guys. So def. probably 4.56's then. Man i am lookin all over the place for a 99/2000 rcsb manual and they are hard to come by. Trying to look for a damaged one or something kinda thrashed so i can get it for cheap. I'm gonna completely gut the truck and redo everything basically from the frame up.

·
TUNED BY ME!
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also, i'm gonna put my truck in the trader this week, and i posted a feeler thread, but no response for the sale of my truck. Don't know if anyone is interested, it's ready for FI of somekind, i hate to sell it after i did the 80 swap and all that crap, if i knew i was going to sell it i wouldn't have done that. But things came up and i need to get rid of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts