GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i've got some black projector headlights and black corner lenses, i really like how they look on the truck, definitely a different look i've never seen before. only problem is that the low beam on the projectors is really dim, are there any ideas why it might be too dim, or are there different bulbs that i could but in them to make them brighter like blue bulbs or anything like that?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
captainchaos said:
so i've got some black projector headlights and black corner lenses, i really like how they look on the truck, definitely a different look i've never seen before. only problem is that the low beam on the projectors is really dim, are there any ideas why it might be too dim, or are there different bulbs that i could but in them to make them brighter like blue bulbs or anything like that?
I had some projectors (In pro car wear ones) and I put hyperwhite H3 bulbs in them and they melted, although the projectors on both lamps were off center (shitty manufacturing). I also got the matching corners and they broke too.. I sent all that shit back within a week and got all my money back.

You can put hyperwhite bulbs in for a lot more white light, but they may melt. If I were you I would have just bought the Sylvania Xenarcs (425 shipped) which is TRUE HID.. but if you like the black scheme stick with that...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i would take some pics, but my truck is under a foot of snow at the moment....i'll take some pics as soon as the white stuff melts off though...

·
Banned
164 Posts
Yea, I've heard of plenty complaints about aftermarket headlamps. I think it was 1badgmc from the "other" site that said he'd gone through a couple sets and they were shit.
That's why I always say to get only OEM. Anything else is just, well, shit.
You could try brighter bulbs, but something shitty may happen.
Either the Xenarc's, or Denali projectors with a good quality HID kit.
I'll say it again although some moron may come in and contradict me and call me Mr. HID :rolleyes:
that HID's are 50% HID kit, and 50% headlamp housing. You have to have both for it to look right, period. Do the Xenarc's come with only the bulbs and ballasts? No, they give you a reflector-type headlamp as well....it's really not that hard of a concept to grasp. :read:

·
Scaladin!
1,752 Posts
2k1Sierra said:
Yea, I've heard of plenty complaints about aftermarket headlamps. I think it was 1badgmc from the "other" site that said he'd gone through a couple sets and they were shit.
That's why I always say to get only OEM. Anything else is just, well, shit.
You could try brighter bulbs, but something shitty may happen.
Either the Xenarc's, or Denali projectors with a good quality HID kit.
I'll say it again although some moron may come in and contradict me and call me Mr. HID :rolleyes:
that HID's are 50% HID kit, and 50% headlamp housing. You have to have both for it to look right, period. Do the Xenarc's come with only the bulbs and ballasts? No, they give you a reflector-type headlamp as well....it's really not that hard of a concept to grasp. :read:
:LOL: :LOL:

Your one of a kind you know that. Im not going to waste my time on you though, I have already wasted enough with you.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
I have the a1c projector beams they suck. they sent me a adapter wire piece bc you have to run all brites. Yea you know what happened next it melted the adapter to the stock light socket they are shit you cant see for shit and i have silverstars in there and they are brites and i still cant see. the reason you have to run all brites is b/c the other bulbs wont fit in the back. They do look really cool though, as long as you dont mind not being able to see. looks like a denali. Oh yea i have also broken the back casing on one of them the palstic is crap i just jb welded it back togeter

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just decided the hell with the projectors, i but them and the black clear corners on ebay if anyone wants to be them my seller name is captainchaos383, i will try and get some pics of the truck on here once i get it cleaned up from the blasted snow.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
here's a pic of the lights on my truck......

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i really like them to, they are something really different. and no i can't see at night thats why i'm puttin the stock ones back in with my silverstars. i really would like to keep them, but i drive to much at night and i can't see with them on

·
Registered
559 Posts
is it like a sigificant difference cuz i want to buy a set just like those but dont wanna be blind,how much did u pay for them

1 - 20 of 33 Posts