1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Yea those tend to be overpriced - and people do pay. I personally wouldn't trust those aftermarket ones.. especially from the experience I had with the In.Pro Car Wear ones I had for my Silverado. I know you got a Sierra but I still wouldn't do it. If you'r gonna spend that much get some OEM ones.

If I'm not mistaken, the projector bulb is an H3 bulb. As the stock ones are 9006's. I'm sure someone can shed some light here...

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
The projection bulb is a 9005 (same as the stock high beam). I wouldn't trust aftermarket ones either, but I saw those third pair ($168 ones) a few days ago, and I must admit they are pretty tempting.

The reason that I would surmise that the prices are so different, is that there is no standard prices on ebay. Some might be more cheaply made so the seller got them for a cheaper price (therefore can pass them along for a cheaper price). Or if they are exactly the same, then it looks like a couple of the sellers are trying to get greedy.

If someone decides to order some, please report back on how they are. If worse came to worse and they are crap...you can always try and sell them back on ebay for what you paid.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Slammedchevy01 said:
GMC Owners=Denali Silverado=HID X2020 I will have pics soon :worship:
I agree, but the Denali headlamps have two problems.

1) They still have an orange reflector (which is a bitch to remove)

2) They cost a crap load more than these cheap ebay ones

If these aftermarket ones where even halfway decent, I'd go for them. But you can never be sure about third party products.

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
When it comes to light dont be cheap :insane: Denali+hids that would be sweet! Every aftermarket projector I ever heard of, lost light or leaked. Atleast OEM you dont have that problem. Wasnt a member here sellin Denali's for like $300?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up buying OEM denali headlights that will fit Sierras - paid $175 but still waiting on a response from seller :crazy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts