1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
nytahoeon23's
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
I like 'em white
2,749 Posts
I have never seen those used in a retrofit but honestly I dont like the look of them, I cant tell if they are a bixenon projector or just a projector with a movable shield (like a bixenon) but still use stock bulbs... They dont come with ballasts and say what size bulbs you want.

If you want to make your own set up I suggest using a clear housing and the retrofitting a set of TL projectors in there. TLs will blow those projectors away in every way possible. Read around on HIDplanet.com or other such sites and get an idea of how much work it will be and prices. I havent been in the retrofit scene for a while now so I cant be sure on prices. There are other projectors out there that will be good too but you cant go wrong with TLs

·
nytahoeon23's
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info rick.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I hear the tsx projectors are really good
TSX projectors are low beam only. Since he need a 4x6 sized light he will need a bi-xenon projector. i wold suggest looking for E-46 projectors, they are a bi xenon from some of the mercedes and audi cars. they have a very nice pattern for being what they are

·
nytahoeon23's
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well its for my monte it has 4 4x6 lights so i could do tsx. just have to make sure they are going to fit inside the housing.

·
I like 'em white
2,749 Posts
They will fit no problem as the lens on a TSX is only 2.5 inches but where you might have issues is the length. Your going to need some room behind the headlamp to be able to fit the projector. I cant remember exactly how long it is but i want to say a tsx with bulb is around 6 inches long. TSX is a good choice one of the most popular projectors that are retrofitted and they can be colormoded to gain more color at the cutoff but for best performance leave them stock.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
TSX with a clear lens would be a nice start. check out hidplanet.com and their fourms, more info then you'd ever want to know about doing this retro fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts