GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
The parking violator
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys im getting either a 08-11 Silverado/GMC RCSB 4.8 wt with LS package, what should I get look for what years came with or with out what, what can be added easily, GM website not much help i've noticed all RCSB trucks are wt's except for the LT's very hard to find those. i plain on changing the cluster out with an LT one so I can have oil and volt,

·
2009 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71
4,791 Posts
If I were to buy a used NNBS, I'd go 09 or up so I could get the 6 speed.

I have only had a handful of problems with mine. The worst was a bad sending unit fixed under warranty. The on going problem is a defective TPMS system. The wheels on my truck at the moment do not have the sensors in them, but, sometimes the system still gets a reading.

·
Proud GMT800 Owner
9 Posts
i personally dont like the seats in the GMT900's compared to the 800's. not sure what it is they just are not as comfy.

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
I'd have to agree with these guys... spring for the 5.3... the 4.8 is a dog and has to fight so hard to move the weight of the truck that your mileage won't be any better.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
Cons: thin metal, cheap ass paint, squeaky interior, RCSB fucking suck ass, cheap plastic interior, RCSB fucking suck ass etc

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Cons: thin metal, cheap ass paint, squeaky interior, RCSB fucking suck ass, cheap plastic interior, RCSB fucking suck ass etc
What he said.

·
2009 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71
4,791 Posts
i personally dont like the seats in the GMT900's compared to the 800's. not sure what it is they just are not as comfy.
I have to completely disagree with this. Then again, I went from a GMT800 W/T to a fully loaded GMT900 with heated leather and all way power. My seats in my Sierra are FAR more comfortable than the seats that were in my Silverado.

·
Proud GMT800 Owner
9 Posts
I have to completely disagree with this. Then again, I went from a GMT800 W/T to a fully loaded GMT900 with heated leather and all way power. My seats in my Sierra are FAR more comfortable than the seats that were in my Silverado.
the seats in the GMT800 WT are like tweed or vinyl or something? hah i should of said the GMT800 leather seats.

the seats wouldnt stop me from buying a GMT900 though, other things would though!

·
Proud GMT800 Owner
9 Posts
ok guys im getting either a 08-11 Silverado/GMC RCSB 4.8 wt with LS package, what should I get look for what years came with or with out what, what can be added easily, GM website not much help i've noticed all RCSB trucks are wt's except for the LT's very hard to find those. i plain on changing the cluster out with an LT one so I can have oil and volt,
oh, and like others have said 5.3 > 4.8.

i have both, and the 4.8 sucks to drive compared to the 5.3

·
Registered
561 Posts
Shitty door lock actuators constantly going out.

·
Registered
259 Posts
i love my nnbs 5.3 rcsb unfortunatly i have a 4speed trans but its still fun as hell. and this is coming from a 05 crew cab and ill take my rcsb over it any damn day of the week (minus shitty thin metal)

·
Registered
29 Posts
The paint job sucks ass. Thin and shitty. Back bumper is a piece of chromed tin foil. Go with 5.3. My dads truck has the 4.8. Gutless. But my ltz is a very comfotable truck. Drives very easy. Love the interior. And i find it very quiet.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I love my RCSB :hmm:

Getting to the point where I could use a backseat though.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts