GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well me and my girlfriend where fixen to leave to go the local 1/8th mile dragstrip yesterday and my girlfriend says," hey, lets take my car and see what it will do." I was like that cool. I wanted to race anyways since I don't race my truck anymore with it being lifted and all. So we get up to the track and get in the tech lanes. by the way, my girlfriends car is a 2004 Nissan Sentra Ser Spec-v w/ an aem cold air intake. oh yeah and it a 6 speed too. ((she wanted me to add that.))

So, as we're heading up to the staging lane she tells me she wants me to make the first couple of passes in the car to see what it needs to be launched at and what not. So I'm lined up gettin ready to make my first pass and as I look up I am blinded by the sun. I can't freakin see the staging lights at all so I just inch up a little and finally stage and only saw the last big yellow before the green and I didn't get to launch and I red lighted. so, I lined up for my second pass and the sun in down now. I rev the car up the 2500rpms and launch with a .760 rt which is not to bad on .500 light and spun or should i say wheel hoped all the way thru 1st and missed 3rd. and turned a [email protected]
Now it my girlfriends turn, She gets back in the staging lanes(( note: this is her first time ever racing at a dragstrip and she rarely races on the street. she lines up and stages. she launches at 2000rpms, but got to nerves and got a 1. sec R/T and she turns a [email protected] :worship:. So, now it's the start of the time trials and it's her turn again. we right 10.05 on her window for her dialin. she's lined up beside some big ground poundin muscle car but the guy in the car gives her a thumbs up. She stages and launches at 2000rpms and shifts perfectly. it was so close at the end I couldn't tell who won. She turns an amazing [email protected] 70.6mph with a .689 R/t she only lost by .077 to a professional driver. here's a pic of the time slip. she #1427

she pulls up and parks then jumps out of her car and says,"beat that. now when can we get a full exhaust I want this thing faster." when she said that I got that warm and fuzzy fealing inside. :drool:

-Chad-

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
That is pretty cool that your girlfriend would be interested in drag racing too. It sounds like both of yall had fun at the track and thats all that matters.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
lol thats tiiite. This girl i know, her dad bought her an 03 cobra. It dyno 490 at the wheels, not stock at all:read: She sucks at driving it, 50 in first gear, guys? And that was with 600 miles on the motor

1 - 15 of 15 Posts