GMC Truck Forum banner

psi problem

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Mike4xdriver 
#1 ·
if my mechanical pump puts out 7.5 to 9 psi and my universal pump does 5.5max will that be a good place to start as my truck is losing spark after initial start up. I want to switch back to mechanical pump.

#4 ·
I will not say lose spark but dies. my universal pump outs out 5.5 psi. The mechanical pump is recommended 7.5 to 9psi i was saying I should start with fuel pressure as it will pump gas for about maybe 15 seconds..then trickle in the line. Then after the fuel is run out truck stalls electronics and all still on. I think this clarifies my problem as fuel related um eyeing a 10-14 universal pump now. but um open to suggestions.

#7 ·
well fellas have a new higher psi pump on there 10-14 psi. still carb acts like its starving for fuel won't even start unless i put gas down the carb then immediately dies. Um thinking its the crankshaft sensor. My second question does the 350 engine come with a crankshaft sensor as one c10 site says it does and my co-worker thinks so as well he does mechanic work on the side.

#8 ·
well first off you need to let us know what we are talking about there are alot of different trucks out there. Chevy changed stuff as trucks got newer. are we talking 2 barrel or 4 barrel carb? Points or electronic ignition? Manual or auto? We need more info.
Just a simple Year, model, engine, tranny, 2 or 4 wd. the more info you give the better. Id say your float is stuck. Probably need to rebuild the carb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.