GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
it wont plug and play if your an 01. I had do to alot of custom wiring for my '00 to work with my escalade mirrors that are fully loaded.

Matter of fact my mirrors are hardwired in the door.

An easy way to hook up the puddle lamp is to tie your puddle lamp wire into the wire for the light in the door. I think its an orange wire.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
the plugs are different. 03 and up the mirror plugs directly into the mirror switch. 99-02 the mirror plugs into a door harness...

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
the orange and black puddle light wire goes to the orange wire in the door that lights up the interior light. The black wire for the puddle lamp goes to the white wire in the door. This will make the puddle lamps work, I think thats how mine are wired up.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
The puddle lamp ground is shared with the defrost.... the black wire on the existing harness.

Do not wire the black wire to anything. What happens if you wire the red to the orange wire in the lower door light and hit unlock on the key fob? The Light should come on and then go off after 30 seconds...?
That might be the problem since the dome light works on grounds.

His stuff is different from mine as I groups all ground together on the mirror harness and had to solder all my connections since my mirrors were '03 and my truck is a 2000.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts