GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
99-02, pull the triangular piece off your door, inside behind the mirror.. check the harness for these wires. 03+ you have to pull your door panel.

Most likely they'll already be wired, could be wrong, and you'll have to run wires inside your cab, and tie into your headliner harness, dome light.

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
the plugs are different. 03 and up the mirror plugs directly into the mirror switch. 99-02 the mirror plugs into a door harness...
Oh no shit! I was under the assumption that there were female harness ends in 03+

FUCK!

I do have to cut my harness :rofl2:

There they are, Black 10-Pin, Blue 10-Pin. SOB!

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
Hahahahaha, the puddle light/inside door light is on a timer in the BCM. I thought the same thing at first. :wtf:

Power locks, key fob? Hit unlock on the fob....

Wait 30 seconds and it'll go off. It's a courtesy light and it's being courteous :rofl2:

You want to hook it up to the white wire in the harness going to the mirror. On the drivers side, it's the 2nd white wire in from the side. Pass side it's the only white wire.

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
Do the wires in your existing mirror harness match that of the above diagram?

If so, then you only should need to wire into white and black on the harness.

What year is the mirror from?

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
uhhhhhhh...... lol. Hmm. I don't see the wires I was hoping for in the harness that goes UP to the mirrors. Guess you need to have defrost or something stock.

This way seems the best bet

the orange and black puddle light wire goes to the orange wire in the door that lights up the interior light. The black wire for the puddle lamp goes to the white wire in the door. This will make the puddle lamps work, I think thats how mine are wired up.

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
The puddle lamp ground is shared with the defrost.... the black wire on the existing harness.

Do not wire the black wire to anything. What happens if you wire the red to the orange wire in the lower door light and hit unlock on the key fob? The Light should come on and then go off after 30 seconds...?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts