GMC Truck Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I will see if I can get some pictures tonight of the mirror plug and the truck plug if you need them.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
okay I will try to get them tonight.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
the orange and black puddle light wire goes to the orange wire in the door that lights up the interior light. The black wire for the puddle lamp goes to the white wire in the door. This will make the puddle lamps work, I think thats how mine are wired up.

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Did you try just plugging them in? My 01 Tahoe has puddle lamps, and for shits and giggles, I plugged them into my 00 Z71 way back in the day and the puddle lamps worked automatically even though my 00 didn't have them.....just a thought, since you got them off of a pre 03 truck, they should be plug and play :D

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
These aren't true GM mirrors. They are aftermarket mirrors and they won't plug and play. Here are the pictures of the factory truck side plug and the mirror side plug. They aren't very clear let me know if you need better pictures. You can see what I was talking about when I mentioned the extra wire.

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
uhhhhhhh...... lol. Hmm. I don't see the wires I was hoping for in the harness that goes UP to the mirrors. Guess you need to have defrost or something stock.

This way seems the best bet

the orange and black puddle light wire goes to the orange wire in the door that lights up the interior light. The black wire for the puddle lamp goes to the white wire in the door. This will make the puddle lamps work, I think thats how mine are wired up.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
That's the thing, it had heated mirrors stock. I will try what cajundragger suggested. If that doesn't work I will be back. I will give it a try tomorrow night. Thanks for all the help guys!!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Okay, I did the extra wire that plugs into nothing and the black wire on the mirror harness to the orange wire on the door light and the black wire to the white on the door light and the door light, dome light and puddle lights stay on. Here is a picture of the before wiring:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I know the wire I have the connector on is red, but it is the only one that is not getting plugged into anything from the truck harness. I am about ready to say fuck it and not even hook them up.

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
The puddle lamp ground is shared with the defrost.... the black wire on the existing harness.

Do not wire the black wire to anything. What happens if you wire the red to the orange wire in the lower door light and hit unlock on the key fob? The Light should come on and then go off after 30 seconds...?

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
The puddle lamp ground is shared with the defrost.... the black wire on the existing harness.

Do not wire the black wire to anything. What happens if you wire the red to the orange wire in the lower door light and hit unlock on the key fob? The Light should come on and then go off after 30 seconds...?
That might be the problem since the dome light works on grounds.

His stuff is different from mine as I groups all ground together on the mirror harness and had to solder all my connections since my mirrors were '03 and my truck is a 2000.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
no blue 2 on the mirror goes to white 10 on the door.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·

i did this monday night and the puddle lights just stayed on. they never went off even after like 5 minutes.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
does anyone want a set of puddle lamp mirrors????

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
21 - 40 of 55 Posts