GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't believe I just did it!!! Have been eyeing up the basic kit since I joined the forum. Today was the day I finally said fuck it and hit the checkout button!! Can't wait to start correction on the wife's 2007 Tahoe. It's black and looks like someone used a push broom to wash it. Of course mine's gonna get some love too but its no where near as bad as her's. Damn this forum and taking all my money!:big_banana_Dance:

·
Registered
425 Posts
you should see if you can add a gallon of detail spray.. i just did the same to my wifes 01 mustang i know a ford. but i burn the whole bottle to detail spray and really could have used extra just my thoughts i can post pics of it that is if no one minds the ford

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! I got the kit on the work bench ready to go. Just too busy this holiday weekend to start it. Shooting for this Sunday..will post pics for sure.

·
GM bit-size owner
1,654 Posts
<----wishes he could afford adams products:bawl:, maybe when I hit the lottery I'll finally be able to just stock up like crazy :crazy:

·
I like 'em white
2,749 Posts
<----wishes he could afford adams products:bawl:, maybe when I hit the lottery I'll finally be able to just stock up like crazy :crazy:
I just started with the weekly specials, 20-30 bucks here and there and eventually i built up a pretty good arsenal. The PC was a big hit though but so worth it.

·
GM bit-size owner
1,654 Posts
I've always used rotary buffers, I have an orbital for waxes and stuff but I don't know if the PC would be worth it for me.

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Rotary polishing, if you take proper care of your paint, should be a once in the life of a paintjob type of thing.

If you find yourself needing the power of a rotary to correct your paint multiple times then you need to evaluate your maintenance routines.

A DA like the PC is perfectly capable of restoring a finish in average condition.

·
GM bit-size owner
1,654 Posts
Rotary polishing, if you take proper care of your paint, should be a once in the life of a paintjob type of thing.

If you find yourself needing the power of a rotary to correct your paint multiple times then you need to evaluate your maintenance routines.

A DA like the PC is perfectly capable of restoring a finish in average condition.
Agree'd, Both my current vehicles need a full work up with the rotary. Honestly they both need a bought of body work and a full paint job, but that won't be happening for a while so I have make due in the mean time. I've always used the rotary because I was doing full details on used cars for a high end dealer everyday all day. EVERY black car needed it bad, sometimes I got some lighter colored ones that I was able to just hit lightly with a foam pad at a low speed lightly with some light polish and do the trick. Now I'm no longer detailing for a living and need to tame my habits for personal use. My main need right now is to get good paint on good panels first. then I'll worry about maintaining them.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
got bored before work tonight so I busted out the PC and gave it a spin on my rattle can painted mirror caps. They were painted about two weeks ago by yours truly and looked like shit pretty much. 5 or 6 coats each of primer, black, and clear all Duplicolor from the local Advance Auto. With Adams' help they look amazing now:
CIMG1076.jpg

CIMG1080.jpg

CIMG1085.jpg

CIMG1089.jpg

CIMG1086.jpg

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not too shabby man! You'd never know that was a rattle can job.
Thanks! Your company's products are awesome!
Jesus Christ they look like mirrors now!!
What did u do to them?
paint process was:
scuff paintable mirror caps with 1000 grit
primer (no sanding)
paint (wet sand with 2000 grit to knock it down)
dry over night
clear dried in the hot sun for about 3 to 4 hours
polishing process after 2 weeks was:
Adam's SSHR on green pad with PC
SHR on orange pad
FMP on whit pad
Meguiars NXT 2.0 (or what ever it is now:ninja:)

Trying to use up this over the counter wax I have on hand now then I will order some Adams.:worship:

·
GM bit-size owner
1,654 Posts
Dude, that looks real nice! They looked like shit before but now they look professionally done. Good job. I just may have to pick up a pc to try :hmm:

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
I have been wanting a adams PC kit ever since i joined 10 years ago... I really need one NOW. Because i'm very meticulous when it comes to my cars and trrucks. Over the last few years i have moved twice and from people reaching over the side to get things has left light scratches under the top of the bed. Overall nothing that can't be buffed. I found a rake laying on my truck in my garage one day...:mad:

I would get one but i need to get some things repainted finally, so i'm gonna let the body shop buff it this time. My grill shell needs painting and my tailgate from the black plant shelf rubbing it bare.

It isn't that i don't know how to use one because i did the dealership thing too. I'm still gonna get one but i need that 300 buck for the painting.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts