GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the middle of pullin apart my manual hub on my blazer. Ive got it almost all apart, got the top spindle nut off, but now im to some washer type piece thats slowin me down. It will wiggle aorund some, but it won't come off. ITs got a lot of little holes in it and in one of the holes at the top of the washer type piece you can see a small lil metal stud that is smaller than the hole itself. there are 4 lil tabs along the outside...i talked to stephen (DE) and he said it should come off with the spindle nut socket, but it is larger than the nut socket itself...anyone know how to get it off???

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
thats the lock washer, you need to bend the tabs so they will clear and come out. THEN there is another nut.

·
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the sad thing is i didn't even install new hubs...just had to take the rotor off to knock out the old lug stud and press in new ones...i had one break off over 2 months ago, and i finally decided to get it done...took a while, but got all fresh studs in there...and one thing i learned about the lock washer was that it was not the type DE had thought it was, and there was no bending involved...just had to pull it off with some pliers...i learned a lot today tho...

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Yeah sorry about that, after you described it better I realised it was the hole/tit type that uses tits on teh nut to lock in place. Those are even easier to get off!

·
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yup, they are pretty easy to get off...glad i knwo how to do both types now tho.

·
Registered
820 Posts
yeah yours is like mine that you just need the reverse pliers to get them out. I did mine to install the warn sever duty hubs and that was fun, but they look really tough now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts