GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
heavy on the skinny pedal
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone tell me what it causts to have the bank of switches replaced that activates the four wheel drive on a 99 auto trac? and how hard is it to change and if i would change it myself how do i go about removing the front cover on the dash?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
You'd have to upgrade to the AutoTrac t-case also to do this. I'd assume you'd have to reflash the PCM to accept the upgrade and do some wiring...not easy, but not hard.

·
heavy on the skinny pedal
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i already have push button four wheel but the switches are starting to take a shit on me and i was wondering if anyone new what the switches cost to replace.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Coudl also look at gmpartsdirect.com. They sometimes are high on shipping, somtimes not too bad. The switch should be easy to replace. The whole front bezel comes off the cluster area, there are no screws holding it in. Unplug the switch, pop it out, and pop the new one in. reverse procedure for install.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Ohhhhhhh sorry I misunderstood your question! :pow:

For sure check around with a few online GM dealers and your local guys to see who will cut you a better deal.

Swapping those is fairly easy, just pull the dash trim off then remove the old butttons.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Yup, you'll have to look close and the dash comes off. If I had pics I could show ya but I don't :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts