GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know who makes the aftermarket transponder kits so you can keep the key fob in your pocket and push to start the truck? I want this badly in my old truck but dont remember who makes it...TIA

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, like newer nissans. You keep the keys in your pocket at all times. Just walk up to the car, press the unlock button on the handle and push a button and the car starts. No key needed...

basically I just dont want a key at all, I want to keep it all wireless.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Push to start is an easy thing. The transponder is what is difficult. Your talking some serious wiring and a remote that is always transmitting. I wonder...could you find a way to hook a nissans system into the truck? might be too computer intergrated, but i don't know their systems. Forklift would probably know a way to do what you need, or find a way to do it.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found the system, but its like 500....not going to happen.

So this is what Im thinking...

Remote starter alarm so when RS is activited the ACC part of the truck turns on...basically the whole truck turns is on. Then run a seperate button(honda S2000 start button) and relay that hit the starter solinoid and there its running and I can drive and do whatever.

The hard part Im trying to figure out is having the same button that I use for my crank kill everything. Since the truck is running in RS mode all I have to do is provide a ground signal to the hood pin input on the alarm and the truck would be off. Engine would kill, radio turn off, off.

I was thinking I could use some sort of latching relay so that I push the button and it sends ground to one circuit, then let up and push it again and it sends ground to another circuit. But I cant find anything so Im still thinking....

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
using the12volts awesome wiring diagrams I made something I think will work, but check me.

the 12volt diagrams here-http://www.the12volt.com/relays/page5.asp

mine-

Alright, so if I control the ground on the switch with my alarm then I have it secure. In my diagram, you press the button for the...

first time and current goes through the latching relay/relay setup and ACC turns on.

second time the button is pressed the switch is transfered to the other latching relay/relay setup and the engine is cranked

third time the button is pressed current goes though the relay which is being held open to the second latching relay/relay and hits another relay that shuts off ground to both of the holding circuits switching back to the switch ground to the orignal latching relay/relay and turning off the ACC.

The only problem I just realized I may have is on the third hit of the button when the relay controling the switched ground is put back on the orignal latching relay/relay it may pop the ACC on again.

Thoughts?

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Oh. This would be neat. Id like to do it on the Civic too. Ive already got a RS/alarm on it. Just use my remote to start it and jump in and go.

When you hit the brake pedal the RS turns off, have it so it switchs over like your talking about when you hit the brake pedal.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if I can find the latching relays I can easily make it like the nissans where you push the button and ACC turns on and the engine cranks, and then you press it again to shut it off. I may just do that.

I can make it I have 60 seconds of something after popping the door(shaved door handles) to start the truck. Hmmm

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
If you can find the latching relays let me know please. That should make it a bit easier than your first diagram.

Edit, with the starter kill on the alarm it should make it secure right?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Cajun,
where did you find the kit for $500?
Who makes it?

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
well you can make a relay a latching relay, 12v.com has the diagrams

1 - 18 of 18 Posts