GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a 97 1500 w/o the 3rd door and i want to put some speakers in the back

the ones that are in there are alot smaller than the 6x9 speakers i want to put in there

what is the best way to put the new ones in??

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
Get 4x6's and be VERY careful
That plastic will break faster than a trampoline with a fat kid on it

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so there isnt really a way to get the 6x9 speakers to fit at all??

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
so there isnt really a way to get the 6x9 speakers to fit at all??
glass it... but i wouldnt put any speakers in the rear.:imo

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
Ive done 6x9s with a small magnet on the speaker, a hole saw, and a 1" 6x9 speaker spacer. Cut out the 4x6 grill, unbolt the 4x6, screw the 6x9 spacer to the plastic and into the metal behind it if need be, and then the 6x9 in the spacer. You might need to trim some metal to get the magnet to fit

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright well i guess i will buy new speakers all around because i went to plug in the one to make sure it worked and it sounded like complete shit, like it was blown

they all worked fine when i used them last and there didnt appear to be anything wrong with it, but o well

i will buy something nicer this time around and make sure i get the right sizes too

·
Haters Gonna Hate
2,073 Posts
4x6 plate would sound better than a 6x9 anyhow
That's what I did, sounds a hell of a lot better than stock, which is what I was wanting, wasn't looking for nothing special anyway.

Get on Crutchfield and search by vehicle/make/model and it brings up all the sizes and everything that will fit and match. I think you can even view instructions on there for most things in PDF format.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i would actually buy some 6.5" speakers and cut out the plastic, remove the factory 4x6 and install your new speakers. It turns out looking pretty damn good

1 - 9 of 9 Posts