GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The delivery guy called and said the lift was waiting for me. I wanna thank Jon from STP for getting the lift in the mail ASAP!! Its a 6 inch Zone offroad for my 2008 2500HD 2 wheeler... Yes i know why lift it a 2 wheel drive?... Anyways, I will be doing the lift myself along with my brother. Can anyone give any tips? This will be my first suspension lift, done a couple body lifts in the past. Ill post pics when i get a chance.

Thanks
Dustin

·
GET SOME!!!
589 Posts
Dustin,
Thanks for the business! :shake:

Being a 2wd 2500HD, it will be pretty easy and straight forward. Make sure you have good jack stands if your doing it in your driveway. Use a torque wrench for proper tightening, and get a alignment afterwards.

You have my number, so call me if you have any questions...

Looking forward to seeing the pics!

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
Loctite the brakes and the hubs

·
Registered
6,401 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Patience and don't rush...and something designated as your throwing tool in times of need

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
Read the instructions several times if you haven't already. I know my lift sat in the garage for about a month before I installed it. Take the time to know what is coming in the next step and there won't be any suprises.

Take your time and good luck.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, Ill let you know how it all turns out.

·
broke,..me, not the truck
156 Posts
I didn't use a breaker bar on my Sierra, but I did on my Titan, it is cheating, but it helped with speed and knuckles..lol.

Good Luck, Bro..... We need pics..

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
needed to ball joints and spent 3 hours trying to get the lowers out... still not luck... so i guess ill finish tomorrow. For now a knob creek and DR Pepper will do.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Because im bored and and drunk and the wife is out of town for the week.... Here are just a couple photos

DSC_0025.jpg

This is how the truck was when i bought it...

DSC_0036.jpg

Ive got a set of 35s waiting to be put on when its all said and done.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
still waiting for it to get the new tires. The shop i took it to today cant do 20s.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
Don't curse or throw tools and keep yourself hydrated with lots of cold beer, and watch for pinched fingers.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here is your pics... sorry it took so long.
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

What do you think?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
:hail: looks good man! thought about clearing the headlights?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts