GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a crew cab silverado 2010 and I put a 2" drop shackle for the rear and I took out a 1" block so gives it about a 3 inch drop in the rear. I am about to get 26's KMC Brodies with 305/30/26 tire .... do you think it will rub? I never had rims before any info would help especially about the ride on the 26's and am I going to need brake calipers??.... thanks

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
Depends on offset of the wheel. It'll be close. I put some 295/30/26s on a nnbs silvy with a 3/5 an it rubbed just a little

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks that's helpful I think the offset on brodies are 25mm I think that's +25 I don't know very much about offsets

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I basically got the rims and tires for a great deal from a wholesaler and he told me to get a 305... Is there a place I can get a great deal on brake calipers???

·
Registered
136 Posts
I got some cheapy ebay drilled/slotted rotors and ceramic pads for like 200 bucks. They may not be Bear 6 piston calipers or nothin but they will do better than stock and you dont have to pay a grand for them. 26's will be heavy but unless youre a hard stopper then you wont need any 16" rotors or 6 piston calipers. For security I would just do a slotted rotor, good pads and maybe some stainless brake lines

1 - 9 of 9 Posts