GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own an 85' Chevy 1/2 ton, set up is stock at the momment. Looking to upgrade to some bigger tires and have a lead on a set of 35s. The price is right, Im just wondering if a 35 inch tire will work on a stock suspension or if a lift is needed.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
if you wanna cut ur fenders up itll work...but usually 4" is what most people run min. for 35s...even tho i think i might be able to fit 35s on my truck with just 2"...4" still rubs off road, but it looks pretty good. 6" isn't too much more expensive usually and the truck sits really nice over the tire IMO.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my truck is 2wd, im only 17, just trying to get a more agressive stance to the truck while i save most of my money to upgrade to a 4x4. ive priced a 3' body lift for around $80. In your opinion would that be the way to go because im on a tight budget and the truck isnt a true offroader?

·
5,501 Posts
ohh damn...2wd...i don't think theres many, if any 2wd lifts for those trucks...3" BL might be good enough for 33s tho. If you want a 4x4, you should be able to find one that body style pretty cheap...and the lifts for those trucks is really cheap compared to the IFS lifts on the newer trucks...

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
ya dude
you are going to be stuffing even 33's under a 2wd with a 3" body lift
the 4x4 sit a good deal higher at stock form and my 33's rub off-road with a 2" lift

thats why im going to a 6" and 35's maybe 36's

·
5,501 Posts
I had 33s and stock suspension for a lil while, rubbed flexin some but wasn't bad, and now 2" makes it where i can hardly rub even if i flex it out all and have the wheel turned...i dunno what it is but my suspension has always seemd a bit higher than other stock blazers when mine was also stock...but don't expect to put more than 33s on a 2wd with a 3" BL...and 33s will fit on stock suspension of a 4x4, but you usually need 3" to FIT 35s and about 6" sit over them and not rub too much...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts