GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, im new to this sight, awsome sight,, anyways i own 2000 gmc sierra extra cab with a 4' 6' drop , i recently bagged the truck and my question is why does the back come down really slow? is that narmal? and is there a way to make it come down fast?

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
doe619 said:
hi all, im new to this sight, awsome sight,, anyways i own 2000 gmc sierra extra cab with a 4' 6' drop , i recently bagged the truck and my question is why does the back come down really slow? is that narmal? and is there a way to make it come down fast?
What valves are you running? does the front come down quick?

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
well the reason for the back being slow would be the fact that there isnt much weight over the rear axle. It also could be slow/small valves that are restricting some airflow.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow, quick reply...um there 3/8 lines w/ 3/8 valves about all i know about them, the front comes up pretty quick and so does the back, jus goin down is slow, jus the other day i was on the highway and this s-10 pulled up and he let down the rear it was loud and it came down pretty quick,,any suggestion,,thnx

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
doe619 said:
wow, quick reply...um there 3/8 lines w/ 3/8 valves about all i know about them, the front comes up pretty quick and so does the back, jus goin down is slow, jus the other day i was on the highway and this s-10 pulled up and he let down the rear it was loud and it came down pretty quick,,any suggestion,,thnx
Are all your valves 3/8? You have 2 per bag if you are running a 4-way system .. it's possible you have 3/8 fills but your dumps are smaller, or else you may have a muffler on the dump, did you have someone else install it?

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
well as long as u are running 8 valves, then the only thing is the fact of no weight in the back because of the bed. You could switch to bigger valves in the rear to help, but other than that you are SOL.

The rear shocks slow down travel alot too. Are you running shocks in the front. There is no comparison to front and rear rise/drop time w/ and engine and no sucks up front and a regular setup in the rear.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
yea can you hit sides? My friend has one 1/2 inch parker on his rear bags for his dumps, and its alot slower than my 2 1/2inch dumps. Also where are your valves located? The closer they are to the bag, the faster the truck will fall. My truck falls at about the same speed front and back. I've got 1/2inch parkers all the way around.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
My back is way faster going up than the front, but the back is slower going down than the front. Guess it mostly has to do with the lack of weight back there and my smaller ridepro valves.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
how big are ur valves y2ksierra? and where are they mounted..? My rear end is also about the same going up... maybe valve location really is key?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
how big are ur valves y2ksierra? and where are they mounted..? My rear end is also about the same going up... maybe valve location really is key?
They are mounted wiht about 4 feet of line to the bag. right next to the tank. I believe the ridepro's are 1/4" valves. I have 3/8" line and 5 gallons of air as well. It's prety quick in the back. the front isn't too bad either, those valves are mounted in the front fender though. I do need another 5 gallons of air bad though, then it would be much better.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The truck that you saw that dropped fast and was loud could have been on helium. Helium moves ALOT faster and is ALOT louder than air/nitrogen going in bags and out of valves.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts