GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.
So inside my 1991 suburban that came factory fuel injected but is now carbureted, there is a fuel line running to the carburetor.
On the fuel line there is a little gauge that I'm guessing regulates the amount of fuel it gets. It's small and circular with numbers on it and you can push it in and turn it to whatever number you want. So I'm guessing that's to regulate how much fuel you get..
Then after about 6 inches of hose there is a clear plastic cylinder with a filter in it. I'm guessing Is a fuel filter.
But I went to start the truck the other day and noticed it was spraying fuel onto the engine from one of those things.
So my question is...

What are they exactly and do I need them ?
And what can I do to change them without getting fuel everywhere ?
And I am getting Vapor Lock after I drive the truck a little bit..
How can I fix Vapor Lock ?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yes the one with the numbers is the FPR ( fuel pressure regulator) you have to have that if the fuel pump put out more than 7 psi any more than that to a carb and cause big carb issues ( blown seals and such) keep it or replace. As for not getting fuel every where. Pull that fuel pump fuse or disconnect fuel pump ( don't know if you have an external pump or not). Then start the truck till it cuts off. And that should get rid of most of the gas. Vapor lock can be cause by heat getting to the fuel tank or lines. Make sure their away from anything that gets really hot like that.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
hose might be junk and its leaking...pics would help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts