GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a total of 4 correct? 2 Before the Cats and 2 After. Are all 4 the same. Because I was looking up some replacement sensors and the part number was the same for all 4!

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
I could have sworn some rears have different plugs.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Ive been told upstream and down stream are different. I know they cost different one is like $50 and the other is over $100. I need a down stream one and thats the $100. Any one know the factory part number so i can look it up on gmpartsdirect?

·
TUNED BY ME!
647 Posts
I believe the rears are the heated ones because when you go long tubes and the heater sensor light comes up you turn the rears off to fix the code, they just monitor the cats and nothing to do with the tuning. So i would believe they are different

·
HUNTING
941 Posts
The fronts O2s are different because they have the heaters and the rears do not. The plugs on the front and rear O2s were the same on my truck.

I know the front are heated and the rears are not because when I did the LTs on my truck I did not use the rear O2s and put them in my tool box for safe keeping. A month or two later my O2s went out and I used my rear O2s in the front. I got an engine code that the O2s were not heating. They O2s worked but just had no heaters.

So the front have heaters and the rears do not.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The fronts O2s are different because they have the heaters and the rears do not. The plugs on the front and rear O2s were the same on my truck.

I know the front are heated and the rears are not because when I did the LTs on my truck I did not use the rear O2s and put them in my tool box for safe keeping. A month or two later my O2s went out and I used my rear O2s in the front. I got an engine code that the O2s were not heating. They O2s worked but just had no heaters.

So the front have heaters and the rears do not.
You avator is disturbing!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts