GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
peace Hogg
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lasso something and copy and paste it and when i go to copy and paste something else it says 'Could not complete the Copy command because the selected area is empty' ?????

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Jellyrolls said:
I lasso something and copy and paste it and when i go to copy and paste something else it says 'Could not complete the Copy command because the selected area is empty' ?????
Sounds like you were on the wrong layer.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Jellyrolls said:
?? explain to me please
im new to the photochop scene
Think of layers like sheets of paper, on one sheet you may have the text, and on another a truck, and on another a background .. just layers to keep things seperate .. if you select the text but are on the background layer it might give you that error. I'm sure someone else will chime in and know more than me as I actually use Paint Shop Pro.

·
Registered
182 Posts
bcubed hit the nail on the head.... It would probably be better to think of them as transparencies like used on a projector... The easiest way to select a layer is to right click on top of what you are going to lasso (no need to lasso yet) then select the layer then lasso and copy. If you get the layer again then right click again and select a different layer. You can also select Window... Layers from the top menu and it should pop up a layer box on the right side of your screen.... good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts