GMC Truck Forum banner

question about "pinch connectors" on steel fuel line to nylon fuel line?

978 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  immatthewj 
#1 ·
At least I think they are "pinch fittings."
I am referring to the "quick disconnects" that join the steel fuel lines (running along the frame rail) to the nylon fuel lines from the fuel pump that join each other in the area of the cannister in front/bottom of the fuel tank.
(If it makes a difference, it is an '02 Sierra 1500 with 5.3.)
My question is: is there a trick I am not getting on getting thse to relaese so I can separate the steel lines from the nylon lines? I've just been pinching the the plastic connector where it protrudes over the steel line, but am I wrong about them being "pinch connectors" or am I missing something?

#3 ·
Get as much dirt out of the connection as possible, using compressed air, penetrating fluid, whatever.

Maybe post a pic of the connector in question? IDKY, but GM likes using multiple different female connection types for the evap setup, even when the male side of the connection is eactly the same.

#4 ·
I've already cussed a lot, & I pinched quite a bit & I did pull & twist but maybe not as much as I should have because I started out trying to get out of this as cheap as I could so I didn't want to break anything that I thought would be expoensive & a bitch to change. I'll break out the picks & see what I can accomplish.

I am starting to think I should have not spent "nickles & dimes" on bandaids because I am now thinking about biting the bullet & doing the job right.

I am limited on digital technology, but this picture of a nylon line repair kit from linestogo.com shows a pretty good illustration of the "quick disconnect" that I believe is what is on the OEM line.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.