GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I run two sets of rca's from the headunit? One for the 4 channel amp and one to the amp for the subs?

·
Left Jizz
1,225 Posts
In order to control the speakers with the fade and balance in the head unit, you have to run seperate RCA's for all of them (1 set for fronts, 1 set for rears, and one set for the subs). How inconvienent (sp?) would it be to turn up the sub or adjust the fade in the head unit and have all your speakers get louder simotaneously? How about time alighnment? You could adjust gains for every set of speakers, but that won't get you very good results and will sound like crap IMO as you're still loosing any time alignment capabilities.

I have my sub amps daisy chained and they sound fine together, but they're both running one sub, off the sub output RCA's from the HU. I have one set for my fronts, and one set for my rears running out of the HU.

I did have them all daisy chained for the fact that my 960 took a dump on me and I was using a HU with only one output and it was a royal pain in the ass. Sounded horrible and was totally untweakable without playing with a screwdriver for a long time.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
What headunit are you using? If you need the parts let me know

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a pioneer indash dvd not sure of the model though, but I went and got 2 more rca's today so I have 1 for the front, 1 for the rear, and 1 for the subs.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
well you might not be able to use them, a model number would help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts