GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
GMFS Senior Member
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed a air fuel gauge in my truck. it seems to be working fine. the question i have is, when normal driving, is the gauge supposed to jump back and forth between lean and rich? when im full throttle, it goes to rich and stays like it's supposed to. is that just the o2 sending the signals?
thanks

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Yes, under part throddle the o2's cycle and will bounce between lean and rich....totally normal. Your guage is working as it should:)

Cameron

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
the only bad thing is that your o2 sensor uses only 1 volt or less to produce your signal, and by splicing into the signal wire for your guage, your are taking voltage away from the o2. dont be suprised if you get a lean or rich code.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
I've heard of that happening but have never seen a code from it myself. How did you splice the sires into your harness? Those little quicky splices or did you actually solder them?

Cameron

·
Registered
50 Posts
kindof annoying huh!! I installed mine, ran it for a week then had to get rid of it. I left the wiring and power under the dash and plugged it in every once in a while to check the system. But man, I couldn't have that thing in my face.

Kyle

·
GMFS Senior Member
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i hooked the wire up right by the computer. so far so good. had to hook the gauge up to make sure i don't go too lean when im spraying :head2:. i also plan to put a trnas temp and nitrous preasure gauge. :naughty:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts